• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IDF 1/35 Huey...Finished

IDF 1/35 Huey...Paint

Yesterday I was able to get some time in the paint booth.

First was a preshade of Flat Black and then Vallejo Israeli Desert Grey. Four and a half hours later this is what I have.

Paint-1_zpsm7tdqfgt.jpg

Paint-2_zps6q8rxudx.jpg

Paint-3_zpsfg8eovz8.jpg

Paint-4_zps9vlwiv7w.jpg

Paint-5_zpsnd7n59qz.jpg

Paint-6_zpsfaemsbkw.jpg

Paint-7_zpsvxxw4xya.jpg

Paint-8_zpszhpgcpir.jpg

I am happy with the way it looks. Getting better at this painting thing.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

IDF 1/35 Huey...Paint

Yes Joe , I agree with you...very nice results were achived...these subtle effects look very cool :good:

Luiz

IDF 1/35 Huey...Paint

:hmmm Me likey!! :woohoo: I have seen a good bit of improvement in your painting skills. Something I need to work on... :drinks

IDF 1/35 Huey...Paint

Wow, Joe !! - Please don't take this the wrong way, but your painting skills have increased by over 100%, just excellent work here.

:good:

Ian.

IDF 1/35 Huey...Paint

Many thanks all. I am glad you are liking this one.

Painting is something that I have been working on for the last few years. I am really glad that there is improvement.

Joe

IDF 1/35 Huey...Decals

Well after some difficulties the decals are on.

These decals were problematic, they cracked and split over the detail. I will need to paint over the cracks.

Decals-1_zpsa2qcskbq.jpg

Decals-2_zps5mwtzmfq.jpg

Decals-3_zpsxeakfzd8.jpg

Decals-4_zpslibhrrfw.jpg

Next up is to clean up the decal issues and then paint the blades. Not much is left.

Joe

IDF 1/35 Huey...Almost There

Well folks this is my "Almost" post.

The build is almost done. And this time I have a new toy to play with. I have a 36" cube photo/light booth. Although with this set of pics the same issues are still there.

Pics

Almost-1_zpscjd13is8.jpg

Almost-2_zpsakkmhu40.jpg

Almost-3_zpsoqvjuw36.jpg

Almost-4_zps9jnkpakj.jpg

Almost-5_zpshvoikfak.jpg

Almost-6_zpsdjupisnz.jpg

Almost-7_zpsykwvxqaz.jpg

Almost-8_zpsol2dmaq1.jpg

To be honest the build looks decent. I like the colors and I like the way the paint went. I do not however like the photos as the color is washed out and the snow white backdrop looks like a light grey. I am at a loss as to what to do with this but I keep trying. I have tried exposure, lighting, and different positioning of the lights. They all seem to come out the same.

Ahh well....rant suppressed for now.

Joe

IDF 1/35 Huey...Almost There

Dear Joe.

Really only positive comments :good: .... Most excelent!

Best!

Luiz

Back