• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I dood it again!

Hippy Ed

Took mom out to the thrift shops this morning and she decided to buy a small couch & a recliner. So, me & one of the workers carried the couch out to the truck & it slipped out of my hand & I quickly caught it but, threw my back out in the process :bang head :bang head :bang head
I'm still hurtin' purty good right now & can hardly walk, let alone stand up! Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning, if not, I may go to the hospital... We'll see... :frantic

Hope you are feelling better now...anxious to see your Vigilant ready :eek:ldguy :salute

:drinks

Luiz

I would like to say :smack Dont freaking do that :eek:ldguy
But I do the say dumb stuff.
Hope it isnt too serious and you dont feel too bad in the morning.
James

Feel better. As for doctors, there is this story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Vr9TYYNoY

Regards,

Yeah Buddy quit that stuff stay at the Bench ... Lots safer ... :facepalm :smack ... :eek:hmy: :unsure:

Ditto!

:zen :zen

Roger that!! Now ya tellz me!! :bang head :facepalm
Well, I went to the hospital and they gave me a couple o shots and sent me home. I figgered that would be the case. Good dose of Toradol & a steroid. Kills the pain for about 4 hours. Still couldn't walk too good but, used a walker that was my dad's & I'm still using it tonite.
Hopefully I'll sleep better tonite without scarin' the danged cat!! :evil: Everyy time I rolled over or moved, I grunted & groaned. Psycho'd jump up & put his nose in my face :frantic

Still sore &having difficulty walking or standing up right but, I'm makin' do as best I can. My mother just informed me that the hospital called to see how I was doing this morning :huh: 1st time I've had that happen!! :frantic

Feelin' pretty ruff dis mornin'. Literally had to roll outta bed! When I find the mule that kicked me.... :bat :bat :bat :evil: :bat :bat
It's hell gettin' old :java

Literally had to roll outta bed!

Been there done that a few years ago. At one point I tried to roll outta bed and got stuck. Had to get my wife and son to roll/push me back into the bed. :frantic

Hope your feelin' better soon Ed! :zen :zen :zen

Literally had to roll outta bed!

Been there done that a few years ago. At one point I tried to roll outta bed and got stuck. Had to get my wife and son to roll/push me back into the bed. :frantic

Hope your feelin' better soon Ed! :zen :zen :zen

Thanks Dave. I think I overdid it yesterday. Had to take mom to the Dr & then she decided to take me out to lunch. I'm using a walker to get around right now. Helps with the balance. If I'm still hurtin' after the weekend, I may go back to the ER... :S

I really dislike being in pain. It really SUCKS!! :pinch: You'd think after all these yrs of dealing with it, I'd be use to it by now. I mus' be gittin' :eek:ldguy :facepalm :beer

Next time you feel the urge to do heavy lifting or moving cumbersome objects, follow this advice: Sit down and allow the urge to pass. Let some other, much younger person do it.

I feel your pain man ... One of the reasons I live on the farm pinch nerve L4 ... Spent 1 week in traction ... Lost my job, home & later my wife ... I still miss that house ... :rotf ... After 2 shots in the spine with a square needle :woohoo: I'm much better ... Also the doctor took my billfold out of my right pocket & put it in my left ... Funny how that worked ... Get well Mr. Ed ... :dance

Next time you feel the urge to do heavy lifting or moving cumbersome objects, follow this advice: Sit down and allow the urge to pass. Let some other, much younger person do it.

Wish it were that simple! I'm a doer. Something needs moved, I do it so it gets done. I try not to lift heavy stuff & do avoid it whenever possible. The couch wasn't heavy, just a small love seat. I coulda carried meself IF I were 20 yrs younger...

I feel your pain man ... One of the reasons I live on the farm pinch nerve L4 ... Spent 1 week in traction ... Lost my job, home & later my wife ... I still miss that house ... :rotf ... After 2 shots in the spine with a square needle :woohoo: I'm much better ... Also the doctor took my billfold out of my right pocket & put it in my left ... Funny how that worked ... Get well Mr. Ed ... :dance

Thanks Gerry. :drinks Yeah, I;ve been lucky so far not to have them shots. I know people who git them on a regular basis & personally, I think they're more worthless with the shot than before... But, that's my opinion of them.
Arthritis is startin' to rear up in my back & also, my right hand :bang head Doc's tlkin' about shots in my hand if it gets worse :S

Back