• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I hope to be active again...

ausf

Master at Arms
Been a long weird stretch.

Thing One graduated, but without internships or even any work history, I had my doubts about him getting a move on. But he landed a great job in a great area (walking distance to work, great restaurants, a brewery, etc).

Thing Two was working on a ship during the summer in NYC harbor, came home for a week before heading back to school and of course had a high fever, etc. He had COVID (from VA working during winter break) and is vaccinated, but it caused some concern. He tested negative three times and was able to go back to school, but once again, non stop hijinks.

I haven't even been on the same floor as the bench since May. This summer was consumed with bats. We always had a resident few behind the chimney, didn't mind because we could sit out of the deck without dealing with bugs at night. But the one night when all the kids we home at the same time, we sat outside having a fire and started counting. Turns out our local guests invited some friends over at one point, who seem to have invited more of their friends too.

Anyway, hope to get something going soon. We're thinking about changing the furnace this year, after that I'm going hole up and do something fun I hope.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans, or so I've heard. Good luck on your trek back to the bench, looking forward to seeing what you turn out. :vgood:

I think we've got it done. Because of my back, I'm not making any trips to Home Depot or allowed to get on the roof so I was confined to material I had on hand and could set by leaning out of the window.

They could get out, but getting back in was a challenge, not impossible but a challenge. I coupled that with motion detector lights, they got the message. After a few weeks for them to find a new place and when my son was home to climb up there, he sealed it with expandable foam.

IMG_0254.JPG

There are those ultrasonic critter chaser devices. Go up there set the device in a convenient place with a very LONG extension cord. Go back down and plug it in. Go outside and watch the festivities.

Man that’s something!

congrats on the kids! In the next few months mine has been or will be in the Pacific, Antarctic, & Indian Oceans as he continues his Doctoral research!

Back