• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hunting the Red Bear

Looking good Andy, but I have to agree with Laura on the helmet.

german%20helmet%20chin%20strap.jpg

James

Yes I agree with you both I think I shall have to change it back to a grey or even a plain dark yellow.

I shall also try this Picasa to better the tones thanks for that Laura :)

Yes I agree with you both I think I shall have to change it back to a grey or even a plain dark yellow.

I shall also try this Picasa to better the tones thanks for that Laura :)

Could you not paint it the pea or rain type patterns. Not the right names I know, but you know what I mean I hope. I've seen pictures where they are wearing the feild grey with a cammed helmet.
James

Plodding along with this quite happily and currently working on the base,... :D

Now something quite extraordinary happened when I was trying out an effect I wanted I totally cocked it right up so decided to remove the paint BUT I ended up getting the desired effect I was after in the first place. :idonno

Im teasing you right now but I will post photos later :evil:

Progress

Well here`s what i was talking about in the last post,..I wanted the wall to be a typical Berlin smoke embedded type affair and I painted it in a good reddy/browny colour then applied a wash of black over the top of it after it had all dried only I done it in Tamiyas and I used too much alcohol and the layers of Tamiya started to disintergrate so I decided to get all the paint off and start again, however the black primer I used stayed good and fast and it became clear that this is what effect I was after so the black you can see is the Games Workshop black primer with additional blast effects from Vallejo`s

Not bad for a mistake eh :)

Progress on the chap is going along nicely with the upper body down to the waistline pretty much done ( needs touching up of course ) apart from the hands.

The Panzershrek arm is temp positioned for now

Trousers are basecoated ready for the Camo which is probably going to be done tomorrow or Monday ( busy weekend)

Enjoy :D

IMG_3625.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG

IMG_3626.JPG

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

Looking good, Andy!! (y) You slid your comment about the strap in on me, I think a wider strap would be necessary for a larger piece, so it wouldn't dig into your arm? Looks fine to my eye, especially when you tie up the other end.

A little more progress

Most items now are painted and Ive started on the Oakleaf Camo which is a right pain but I shall stick at it until I feel happy with it :)

IMG_3649.JPG

Looking great Andy...C'mon, camouflage is fun!

Hmmm...not sure about the strap, maybe you know someone who could give you the exact dimensions. :hmmm

Tom

Back