• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hunting the Red Bear

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Please find this thread as my official entry in the Berlin group Build

I have a problem with my comp regarding pics and uploading so I wont start until I can get them on here.

Im going to do a figure roaming the streets in the area of Spittelmarkt around the 28th April which is around the time that area fell to the Russians, looking for a nice juicy tank to ruin !!

Of course the German infantryman is armed with a great big Panzerschrek

Dragon figure mostly OOB plus Hornet head but if I dont get good info on Army units around that area, I shall simply convert to SS 11th PzGrn Nordland who were there.

Please find this thread as my official entry in the Berlin group Build

I have a problem with my comp regarding pics and uploading so I wont start until I can get them on here.

Suma....Dangit! Andy I left the hard drive sitting on my desk. I had to leave early today and it threw me off. I'll have that drive in the mail first thing in the morning!

No not yet and Ive just realised that time is running out :idonno

Got to do it as I deperately want that ribbon

:mpup well you cant cos its not built yet :mpup

or

Just to be nasty say it is built and ill take pictures soon and post them up,....May 2014 :D

Seriously though,.. Ive packed away my model stuff into one hooooge box,..But I know Ill break it open again only I havnt decided on the figure I`ll be doing as yet, I have four that would suit this

Berlin campaign (y)

OK here we go,...bit of a rush job this one as I have less than a month to build paint and finish

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3563.JPG

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3564.JPG

The head is going to be replaced with a good old German Hornet head with Helmet that will be 3-tone Camo painted.

Set onto a suitable scenic base

(y)

ouuuuuuuuuuuh ... almost missed this! what a surprise! what a pleasant surprise!

go man! go and earn the beautiful ribbon! you will make it, no doubt!

:popcorn

Steaming ahead with this now as I have limited time,..

but anyway legs and torso glued, head selected, arms cleaned up boots drilled and wire inserted.

Phew !

Heres a quick piccy to be getting on with as late and tomorrow I will do the weapons :)

IMG_3570.JPG

PS
As you may be able to see ( or not ) the Chest Eagle and Collar insignia has gone, just a quick conversion to make an SS dude of the 11th Pz Gren Div "Nordland" if I can find the correct collar patches I think I have them somewhere,...

Historical outline,

I`m going to portray him around the Spittelmarhk area of Berlin 28th April 1945
My brother used to live there until a few years ago I very interesting area with still tons of visable damage around to look at.
See my forum thread
Berlin battle damage in the real thing section

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/47598-berlin-battle-damage

:)

Back