• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hunting the Red Bear

Huge amount of progress this weekend

Not everything is permenently glued yet but you get the idea

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

IMG_3592.JPG

IMG_3593.JPG

Thank you Erik Bob and Mike,..

Yes the strap is simply paper that I glued with superglue at one end and when I fix the right arm properly then I will pull the strap tight and then glue it.The strap is not accurate and is just an andyfication,..but saying that the Germans used what they had to hand by that stage of the war.

Firstly though I am either going to prime the figure or paint black all the bits that I wont be able to get to when the arm is on.

Im looking at the trouser bottoms now thinking whether the trousers are a bit "drainpipe" and maybe I should putty them at the bottom to give a bit more overhang where they meet the boots what do you guys reckon ?

Also choices now,... should I pain the trousers fieldgrey or go down the camo route I was thinking possibly Oakleaf spring as I quite enjoyed doing the helmet cover in that scheme for the "Well Done" GB

Thanks once again for the positive comments :)

Progress report

Nothing much on the figure but I have done a base for the chap

I wanted to do something different from the norm so I cut in half a 99cent base from Hobbylobby stuck some plastic card at the back as a wall then added some plastic card large stones and then made them shrapnel damaged
Cork for pavement and again plastic card then vallejo sandy paste, white glue,stones and stuff to make the rubble :)

The road is next which will be paving bricks.

Please enjoy :)

IMG_3594.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG

IMG_3596.JPG

IMG_3597.JPG

that's super looking! as for the camo - why not something new and you try out the "leibermuster"? this surely would be a challenge ( = i double dog dare you!)

Excellent work Andy! Figure looks like 1/16 scale, great detail! B)

All the best!
Dusan.

This is really headed in the right direction, Andy! I'm liking the base very much! (y)

Thank you Laura, Bob, Dusan, and Mike !

Wow a double dare to paint the Leibermuster would indeed be a challenge !

I shall see if I can come up with some Berlin reference pictures but I think the trousers were a lot baggier than what I have on the figure,and I dont want to add more work to the chap If I can help it

Time is running out :pp

Wow a double dare to paint the Leibermuster would indeed be a challenge !

I shall see if I can come up with some Berlin reference pictures but I think the trousers were a lot baggier than what I have on the figure,

fscan10077m3c51682ep8.jpg

leibjn3.jpg

2qko6mt.jpg

14c6zhg.jpg

rc3k7l.jpg

lieb.jpg

image29.jpg

41646d1131573119-leibermuster-camo-berlin-1945-pictures-wehr.jpg

Regards,

Hey thanks Saul, Yes that`s pretty much what I found on the Camo still I do think the trousers are way baggier than my figure so I might have to wimp out on the Leibermuster and do that another time and just stick to the planned oakleaf for right now :blush:

I bit of polishing up on the figure this evening and then I may bite the bullet and start painting the dude
(y)

Update :D

IMG_3598.JPG

IMG_3600.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

Shocking photography skills again chaps, sorry.

Actually Im a bit unsure of the Camo helmet,... opinions please Camo or plain ?

awesome face (from what i can tell :pp )!

have you ever tried to enhance your photos with picasa? the white balance in your pics is off and can be corrected with this freeware program!

that being said now on to the helmet - to me the helmet looks like a ww1 stormtrooper helmet camo! excellent paintwork but that's what it looks like in my eyes!

Back