• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

how many builds on the go at once?

I have found I get impatient sitting around waiting for either glue or paint to dry , so I now have 4 different builds going on so there is always something to do. Ok so 2 of them are Tamiya figures that I am practicing figure painting with.

I was curious what is the average number most people have on the go at once.

Martin

Usually I will have about two or three going at the same time. Sometimes a few of those projects will be very long drawn out projects such as the 1/400 Titanic I have been plugging away at. If I tried to build just one at a time I would go insane lol.

What they said. I found that I can focus on one and git'er done. But if I have too many irons in the fire I think they all suffer somewhat.

. I found that I can focus on one and git'er done. But if I have too many irons in the fire I think they all suffer somewhat.

Same with me, sometimes I will have two going, maybe a figure set as well, I did three JV44 birds all together and that felt like groundhog day!! and I don't like to tempt fate having multiple small parts that can mysteriously go walkabout!!

Right now I have 4 that are actively being worked on. Along w/ those 4, I have 3 more that are in open boxes under my work bench that I could pull out at any moment to add to the confusion, haha.

Currently, 5. But 2 are ones that I'm trying to finish up from last year.

Typically I work on 2-3 at a time.

All of them.

I don't think I've completely finished something in years, so technically thechnically everything's still in process.

On the bench itself right now, is three kits plus two sculpting projects.

All of them.

I don't think I've completely finished something in years, so technically thechnically everything's still in process.

On the bench itself right now, is three kits plus two sculpting projects.

:nopics
:D

Just one at a time for me,..I have a low concentration span,..Id get nothing done If I had more than one going

Try to have at least one armor and one aircraft model going so as my interest wanes on one, I can fall back to the other....

I can't walk and chew gum at the same time,so I only do one at a time.After all i'm not on a schedule,I'm not an assembly line,and there are no deadlines to beat.It's a hobby and I don't need the pressure of juggling to many balls at once.I do enough of that in real life.

occasionally i will have two but that is few and far between.

i get confused way too easy with more than one thing going. i try to rush through and i know that is the path to disaster.

joe

I like to have at least two builds going on at once.

A few years ago I built 5 Fw 190's all at the same time by making an assembly line to save time and increase my years output of models for the year, this actually worked but it also took some of the fun out of it at the same time. If its not fun than why do it? So I try to keep my builds in-progress to only two.

Matrixone

Back