• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How about a OOB?

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Just OOB, no aftermarket what so ever? you could do some scratch building if needed to replace something faulty or missing but no aftermarket what so ever? Kit parts, kit decals, just as the manufacture intended.

Can that really be done?? Seems like I heard of someone doing that once, but maybe it was just a dream?? :D

that would exclude any modeller suffering from ams!

well - if there's enough demand for this gb we shall have it but i won't participate (yes: ams!)

Considering I have all but sworn off PE aftermarket sets all together this would be interesting to me.

Even for those who normally add the kitchen sink, a nice OOB build is sometimes a good way to relax and recharge.

Gene if you're in, and you're up to 71 post here, you need an avatar, the little picture thingy we all see in your user info box. Let me know if I can help with that.

Hi my name is Terry and I suffer from AMS :unsure: group hug :)

Sound like a good idea.

Terry

Oh boy, I have rebuilt models using styrene, PE tread-plate, but no dedicated AM for a kit. A strictly build Out Of the Box without any changes will never happen; AMS + ADD.

Regards,

first:

Hi, cb1, I have missed you somehow - welcome!

and then

Is this the group of anonymous AMS?
Not sure, if I'm ready being cured, but I will listen, OK?

:sick: :lol: :silly:

OK, I'm building a lot of OOB with some self made add on ... may be a small one ... would depend on the time frame and how my B-2 is coming along

OOb...sweet. With one exception were I used a metal barrel,a cpl pieces of AM Pe and a cpl MV lenses all my builds are OOB. I guess that makes me the odd ball in this forum.

Joe

OOb...sweet. With one exception were I used a metal barrel,a cpl pieces of AM Pe and a cpl MV lenses all my builds are OOB. I guess that makes me the odd ball in this forum.

Joe

Naw the 234/1 I'm working on is OOB. Well at least so far. :laugh:

Terry ;)

I would very much like to join!!!

Hmmmmm I'm thinking on a Airfix F-51D :) got a nice Dominican scheme OOB :woohoo:

Joe

your not alone, unless the barrel is really bad and requires a AM barrel I'm 100% OOB. I've only gone into AM stuff on 4 kits. I just can't see as well anymore and all the "extra work" takes the fun out of it for me.

So, when are we gonna light this OOB candle?

Interesting how I missed this. All I build is strictly OOB. I also hate to add extra work since I hate to see my projects sitting on my workbench for more than a month. I want to see them finished.

If this gets off the ground, I'm in.

Interesting how I missed this. All I build is strictly OOB.

make one exception and I am in - adding brass barrels if the builder wants to - I loath kit plastic barrels on my builds!

unless the barrel is really bad and requires a AM barrel I'm 100% OOB.

Aren't they all!!!

either oval or some weird looking result after removing the usually horrid join line....... :bang head

Just OOB, no aftermarket what so ever? you could do some scratch building if needed to replace something faulty or missing but no aftermarket what so ever? Kit parts, kit decals, just as the manufacture intended.

No brass barrels unless it's just brass stock. No aftermarket what so ever. If you want to turn and shape your brass rod that's fine but no aftermarket.

Back