• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heller 1:8 Laverda SFC750

Exhausts are a sort of satin chrome in the kit but as usual with these bike models the silencers are split with a seam down the top....not good

DSC_3038.JPG

I had troule glueing these again, i dont know what the plastic is but conventional styrene glues dont work (melt the plastic)

Stripped with feric chloride

DSC_3041.JPG

sanded filled and primed

DSC_3045.JPG

and finally a coat of Alclad white aluminium to give the impression of zinc/Nickle plating

DSC_3050.JPG

slowly getting the hang of Alclad, is not something you just put in the gun and spray but with practice and experimenting with undercoat colours and spray pressure it can be made to work quite well.

I guess the gun reference is why we call them silencers given the shape and purpose.

DSC_3052.JPG

Manages to attach the screen without fogging it with Glue :)

Like a lot of these larger , heavier kits they reach a point where they become difficult to handle as while parts will firmly attach with glue, they will not then support the weight of the model...........if you see what i mean .

What can i say, its a 50 year old kit. there is a shortage of locating pins. Two sprues of chrome when the real thing had no chrome :) , the wrong size front tyre and a lot of the plastic is of a type that doesnt melt with normal glues so you will need lots of super Glue. :)

apart from that you get all the right bits to build up a presentable model but Tamiya it is not :)

DSC_3060.JPG

DSC_3062.JPG

DSC_3055.JPG

DSC_3063.JPG

DSC_3056.JPG

DSC_3053.JPG

Back