• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa P-40E

Well that certainly looks a damn sight better then that dogs bum you posted a while back :mpup

I just told her what you said. If you ever come to visit me, prepare to get bit. After we drink a bunch of beer.

They way it will go is Beer then Bites so put that in your day planner.

Looking good so far! I want to do a P-40 when I get few more builds under my belt. :notworthy

B)

Looking good so far! I want to do a P-40 when I get few more builds under my belt. :notworthy

B)

Don't worry, Tim, I'm sure someday you'll have the chops that other birds do. ;)

Anyway, pre-shading is done. I used MM Dark Tan for this:

P-40001-6.jpg

Pro tip; Don't ever slam a 5hr Energy Drink prior to pre-shading :gogo

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No wonder your hair looks that way.

:laugh:

Been getting things done with this. Not nearly enough though. I also had to fix some things. I totally forgot to post progress picks here. Probably because I am a horrible, lazy person.

Top coat was sprayed about a week ago:

Thisandthat010.jpg

Thisandthat009.jpg

Silly Putty applied and dark color sprayed:

P-400012.jpg

Whoops! The nose looks horrible:

P-40camo003.jpg

P-40camo001.jpg

So, I attempted to fix it....DAMMIT!

GODDAMIT002.jpg

Fixed it again and painted the yellow theater bands:

P-40stripes001.jpg

P-40stripes003.jpg

I used MM Sand and Dark Earth for the topside and a mixture of Tamiya X-14 and XF-18 for the Azure on the under surfaces.

I had a few areas where the paint leaked under the mask that I'm going to fix after all the decals are on. My reasoning is that I don't want to have to wait for the paint to dry. I've started the decals but only have a few on. I'll post more pics when they are done.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Back