• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa F-4E in IDF 1/48

AntMustard

Hi gents.

This will be my first WIP here and also my first Phantom.

h2fa1fbe.JPG

As you can see this is the MiG silhouette offering but I got some IDF markings from an old ESCI kit that I will use to dress this one up. I don't think or know if there are any structural or equipment differences between the one the IDF used and the one the Japanese used. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Anyway, on to the kit.

Lots of plastic in this one.

I started with some of the sub assemblies and gave them a cote of Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black as a base and then the color over that. The colors I used were the closest equivalent of Tamiya versus the Gunze colors that was requested in the instructions. We don't get Gunze colors here.

Anyway here are some more pics. Hope you guys enjoy. More to follow soon.

h5772d7d.JPG

h619bc60.JPG

h9b53d54.JPG

For some reason this looks rather small for a 1/48 Phantom .

Must be me, it's hard to imagine anything Phantom related as being small.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks gents.

Phantom II, I think its just the angle I took the photo.

Got some work done on the cockpit.

This has some really nice raised detail so I drybrushed some white over the detail and then washed it with a very thin black wash.

haf50118.JPG

hb3a3f51.JPG

h96c0720.JPG

h142e835.JPG

It was also treated with a light drybrush of some Humbrol 27003 Polished Steel.

Here it is with the bangseats fitted. Drybrushed as well with the Polished Steel. Not fitting it now. Still have to do some seatbelts.

h78b95b6.JPG

Dirtied the wheel well a bit.

h01ab080.JPG

Hope you guys enjoy.

I started one of these back in 1994 . Worked with the cockpit some . Never got far .

Wow, looking back at it ..... It's terribly oversimplified . More so than my poor mind remembers.

I have a tendency to want to build one in 1/32 but I'm scared it would never get finished.

Good luck (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Good day gents.

Been awhile. Work keeps getting in the way of my modelling time. but just 2 more weeks and I will be on holiday.

Made some progress on the Phantom.

Fuse closed with the pit fitted. Seats fitted.

h7778650.jpg

h67e148c.jpg

Painting line up of some of the gear assemblies.

hd964945.jpg

Intakes stuffed with some sponge to prevent paint getting in there.

h9e3eac0.jpg

Canopy fitted. Some primer sprayed just to see if everything lines up.

hadfce51.jpg

Loving this build and kit. A lot of the parts just falls into place. Highly recommended.

Hope you guys enjoy. More to follow soon.

Back