• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/72 Ki-67 Hiryu ("Peggy") - an attempt..

Thanks guys. I will post some more pictures as soon as I get some work done.

Thanks a lot Dave just my birthday is on Valentine's Day... still 6 months to go! In February we can celebrate! :beer

Cheers

Alex

Hi Again

I think I got it! At least this is the best result with internal shading I had to date. Thanks for all the help. The dilution of the acrylic solvent and the dabbing of the panels with a Q-Tip did the trick.

Also I have scratch-built that little access Ladder as seen in the picture from 1945.

Thanks again for your help.

Here are some pics:

h69cb4ee.JPG

h4d37ba8.JPG

h8f8b650.JPG

h8d76704.JPG

hab747c4.JPG

h1eefecd.JPG

he67c648.JPG

h4c4390d.JPG

h533d548.JPG

haca0f0f.JPG

h5e1d0d7.JPG

Hahahah Good one Dave! :v

Thanks Luiz, it is far from perfect but it is the best I got so far. I am very pleased!

Cheers

Alex

Very good work Alex. Have you been checking that the fuselage halves still meet-up ?? - I always used to forget to do that :facepalm

Ian.

Hello again,

I had a bit of free time and did some finishing in the assembly of the "beast" (not used to such big models), then proceeded with the masking and painting. I am still pleased with the results, the fuselage halves joined almost perfectly (y)
I hope I don't just frek everything up in the postshading/weathering... let's hope.

a few pics. Nice weekend to all,

Alex

h12a5438.JPG

hde12da2.JPG

ha453366.JPG

h5574474.JPG

h2589ec1.JPG

hb58a4e9.JPG

h32a7b72.JPG

h78e6053.JPG

h5498e64.JPG

WoW Doc ... that's one very good looking Bird !!! I :love it ... Great painting & detail work ... (y) :drinks (y)

It looks fantastic - sort of a Japanese Wellington. I really like it's 'look'. If Eduard do a mask set for this, I could see m'self buying one in the future...

Ian.

Thanks a lot everyone. I really appreciate your support and comments.
I must confess that I have cheated: Ian, eduard does have a mask set for the Ki-67 in 1/72 and that is what I used. They also have a reduced PE set in colour (also used) and they had a much larger PE set in "black and white", which I have also used. Sadly the latter isn't available anymore.
Hopefully I'll get to finish the beast next week. I don't understand what you mean by "tiny"... I am not used to such big models.

Cheers everyone!
Alex

Back