• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane IIC

Leopard2

I need a little break from 3-color NATO camo, tracks and mud so I decided to build a wingy-thingy. The victim of choice is Hasegawa's 1/48 Hurricane IIC. The build will be mostly OOB with maybe a cpl small extras added.

Joe

IMG_0287.jpg

piliot.gif

always had a soft spot in my heart about the Hurricane. don't know why. just like those stop gap aircraft that were pressed into service outclassed.

Sorry Bob, but the Hurricane was no stopgap outclasses aircraft. It was stronger and more reliable thaqb the Spitfire and was a more stable gun platform. Most airborn kills where attributed to it than the Spit. The Hurri was a beautiful mount that was over shadowed by the Spit, much like the Fw 190 has been over shadowed by the Bf 109 and P-47 by the P-51.

Looking forward to seeing the build Joe.
James

Built their Mk IId version with the big 40mm cannons a few years ago...what a kit- you are in for a treat!

Sorry Bob, but the Hurricane was no stopgap outclasses aircraft. It was stronger and more reliable thaqb the Spitfire and was a more stable gun platform. Most airborn kills where attributed to it than the Spit. The Hurri was a beautiful mount that was over shadowed by the Spit, much like the Fw 190 has been over shadowed by the Bf 109 and P-47 by the P-51.

Looking forward to seeing the build Joe.
James

I always thought it was one of those airframes that were between wars and not up to snuff with the more modern counterparts. Sort of like the Wildcat, it started outclassed but tactics made it successful.

Guess we learn something new today..that's it. I'm going home. :D (y)

Did you see the Hurricane in the flyover of the Royal Wedding? Not that I'm into Royals or weddings, but if you went anywhere near a TV yesterday, you couldn't miss it. I saw it on the TV in the lunchroom at work where I am one of the few male employees.

UPDATE Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane IIC

I started working on the cockpit, I glued the nose parts on each fuselage half and glued the wings together so far. For the most part the fit is very good with the exception of the wings, might require some sanding. It took me only an hr to get 8 pieces of PE on the seat...Yeah.

Joe

IMG_0313-1.jpg

Re: UPDATE Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane IIC

I started working on the cockpit, I glued the nose parts on each fuselage half and glued the wings together so far. For the most part the fit is very good with the exception of the wings, might require some sanding. It took me only an hr to get 8 pieces of PE on the seat...Yeah.

Joe

Did that include the search and rescue missions that was reported earlier?? :D

Thank Mike and Dusan.

Bob, no there is no relation to the earlier reported SAR Missions. Tho I do admit that the seatbelt is not fully complete due to some unforeseeable events.

I got the fuselage and wings together and what I see leaves a lot to be desired. The fit of the wing assembly to the fuselage is quite bad as you can see. Especially around the leading edge at the wing root. I guess it will require a lot of putting and sanding on my part. Though the detail of the kit is quite nice I am not to impressed with the fit. But see for yourself.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Good grief Joe, that's gonna be less than fun. Any way to shim or shave thpats to make it fit better before glueing. That looks to be difficult.

Cheers, Christian B)

So far I don't really have no concrete idea as to go about this. I guess I will have to let her sit for a while and mull over it while I try to build something else. Right it seems that every model I touch is cursed in one way or another.

Bob, it probably could have been pushed back some but the leading edge fits just fine for the main part of the wing. So I doubt it would have made much of a difference except maybe more sanding on the full span of the leading edge.
Joe

If it were me...I'd separate it before it cures too much, clean up all the contact points and start dry fitting it, get one area lined up, glue it and leave it..then come back and force the next area in place..see what I mean?

Joe , although I can see the results I'm having a tough telling what is causing the problems.
It appears to be more than just one simple thing. Might want to shoot a question on ARC.
Someone there is bond to have built one there and has the answer.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back