• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Good luck Bob Letterman

Hopefully the worst is all behind you now. Get well soon and take care.
James
Thanks James,

Yeah, I think the worst is behind me, undergoing therapy in-home now! They're saying a couple of weeks before I can start returning to normal.

Bob

Man, that is a horrific story Bob, except for the recovery part.
I am so glad you are now on the mend and do not have Covid on top of everything else. :vgood:
It does show how much of an effect this virus has on the medical systems, which we cannot seem to get across to a lot of the young people down here because we haven't had it hit as bad as the US and Europe.
That may change though.
All the best Bob and good luck on the road out!

Man, that is a horrific story Bob, except for the recovery part.
I am so glad you are now on the mend and do not have Covid on top of everything else. :vgood:
It does show how much of an effect this virus has on the medical systems, which we cannot seem to get across to a lot of the young people down here because we haven't had it hit as bad as the US and Europe.
That may change though.
All the best Bob and good luck on the road out!
Thanks Ian,

I'm doing well now. They have weaned me off the walker to the cane and now I'm walking on my own much of the time. I've had to learn how to get in and out of bed, the same with chairs, recliners and cars. The therapists say I'm progressing well. Probably another 4 weeks before I'm back at the bench and then another four weeks until I'm back altogether!.

I hear your government is doing a lot of locking down and enforcing it, at least that's what our news is reporting! I'm beginning to wonder if this pandemic will ever go away or is here to stay?

Bob

Thanks Ian,

I'm doing well now. They have weaned me off the walker to the cane and now I'm walking on my own much of the time. I've had to learn how to get in and out of bed, the same with chairs, recliners and cars. The therapists say I'm progressing well. Probably another 4 weeks before I'm back at the bench and then another four weeks until I'm back altogether!.

I hear your government is doing a lot of locking down and enforcing it, at least that's what our news is reporting! I'm beginning to wonder if this pandemic will ever go away or is here to stay?

Bob
Great hear your progress Bob, I am so glad and can't wait until you can man 'the bench' again as I know that will help you improve metally at least.

Lockdowns, yes.
We have managed to stay on top of things via this method and the enforcing by the police ensures that the selfish small minority don't destroy our great results. The Delta strain has proven difficult though, while my State is managing to control it' the State above us (N.S.W - about the size of 1/4 of the USA) is struggling and their hospital system sounds a lot like your story.
Our numbers are still very low (as with New Zealand our close neighbor) compared to the rest of the world but the difference at this point in time is that we are still largely unvaccinated, which makes opening up with cases a bad choice for the health system and the populations saftey.
Lockdowns have proven to be a vital weapon in the war on COVID (as with masks and distancing) but economically we now need to open up, so the Government is now frantically (and finally)stepping up our vaccination program, so that we will be in a 80%+ vaccinated version by mid November and will no longer need the large lockdown approach.
Just thought I would give you the good oil as I don't know what your news reports are like over there but I have heard some strange news reports from elsewhere around the world that were just wrong and uninformed (esprecially on social media).
The virus is hear to stay I think but it should end up like the flu and the other things that we have but conquered to a manageable point.

Lockdowns are easy when you can build models and paint pictures..:vgood::soldier

Last edited:
Back