• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German U-boat Type VIIB Conning Tower Gun Deck

I'm calling this one done!

"Calm Before The Storm"

Alpine Miniatures 1/16th Scale #16021 German U-Boat Captain, Alpine Miiniatures 1/16th Scale #16036 German U-Boat Watch Officer, German U-boat Type VIIB Conning Tower Gun Deck and Dual Gun from Shapeways, designed by Sasa Drobac.

Figures painted in oils over an acrylic base. Railing, cables, flag pole, and deck bench were scratch built. The water effect was created using blue construction foam with several layers of Vallejo's Water Effects and acrylic paint.

_DSC0030b-vi.jpg

_DSC0049b-vi.jpg

_DSC0042b-vi.jpg

_DSC0056b-vi.jpg

_DSC0059b-vi.jpg

_DSC0063b-vi.jpg

_DSC0079b-vi.jpg

_DSC0079d-vi.jpg

Cheers, Ski.

Wow, Thank you Gentlemen.

Closing out this dio coincides with my retirement, Thursday, almost to the day! So it's been a pretty exhilarating feeling, if ya know what I mean? However, the bunker will be powered down for the season :(

No worries, snow fly will be along soon enough and outside work is up and running, HA! I actually enjoy the physical work outside, keeps the blood flowin.

Thank you Gents for the kind compliments, I greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Ski.

Back