• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German dark yellow

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Tonight I have been testing and mixing a good colour to represent Dunkel Gelb

Ive got a mix of Tamiya Dark Yellow, Flat Yellow and White plus a tiny bit of flesh to warm it up,...
now I hope this will look better in the morning before I add anything to my Panther

I was wondering what are your favourite dark yellow mixes or advice on anything I should add or take away from my mixture ?

Your thoughts Gentlemen and Ladies, please.

Andy

PS

Heres something Ill share with you and thats you can mix Humbrol acrylic paint with Tamiya acrylics :woohoo:
as I found that my tamiya white was solid hmmmmph so the only white I had left was a bottle of Humbrol Acrylic white so I tried it and it worked !!

Your colors used are good, but in what ratio between you mixed?

I take 3 parts dark yellow, 1 part yellow, 2 parts buff and 2 parts white. All Tamiya paints.

Or I take UA 204 (RAL 7028) with some UA 202 (RAL 7027) of "Lifecolor"

Greets Olav

I take Tamiya XF-60 Dark Yellow straight out of the bottle and then darken it a little with a burnt sienna wash.

Joe

Hey guys ,

I think my ratios are pretty much the sane as yours Olav but without the buff so I may go get some buff and proper Tamiya white today.

Ive never tried Life colours for german vehicles before only for US so Ill have to check those out

Andy

I use Tamiya Dark yellow lightened with flat white,but I go pretty light,because filtering and washing always darken it to the right look.

raiderfan2779 wrote:
I use Tamiya Dark yellow lightened with flat white,but I go pretty light,because filtering and washing always darken it to the right look.

I've found that lightening XF-60 Dark Yellow with white tends to appear "cold" and slightly greenish. Two parts XF-55 Deck Tan to one part XF-60 Dark Yellow lightens it up very nicely and gives it a slightly warmer tone than white.

Back