• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Geek Up Completion Thread

DONE! :ro:

DSC02810_zpspweqeosa.jpg

For a while there, Jeff, I wasn't certain about the camouflage, but now I see the 'whole' I can see that it just works. Well modelled, bud.

Ian.

I'm done.

I tried something that came out better than expected. I definitely will use the technique elsewhere, especially on bare metal of 1/16 armor. I added some PVA to the saucer rim, then rubbed ground pencil graphite into it (Gun Metal pigment would work fine too). I can't get a decent photo of it, but it has this surface look like you'd find on a meteorite, sort of molten.

hef1895a.jpg

Here's the base, I went with a crater of sulfurous junk, burned and magnetic iron filings stuck to the legs, well, just because... :D

h01c2464.jpg

Here's the pilot:

h039b526.jpg

Here's vid of the lights:

I'm done.

I tried something that came out better than expected. I definitely will use the technique elsewhere, especially on bare metal of 1/16 armor. I added some PVA to the saucer rim, then rubbed ground pencil graphite into it (Gun Metal pigment would work fine too). I can't get a decent photo of it, but it has this surface look like you'd find on a meteorite, sort of molten.

hef1895a.jpg

Here's the base, I went with a crater of sulfurous junk, burned and magnetic iron filings stuck to the legs, well, just because... :D

h01c2464.jpg

Here's the pilot:

h039b526.jpg

Here's vid of the lights:

:eek:hmy: :hmmm :woohoo: B) Now that's really amzing!! (y) (y) :drool :drool :drool

Thanks guys.

Glad to have it off the bench so I can get back to the others, hopefully with mojo intact. :hmmm

looking Good ......Looking Good .... Turned out very nice ..... Love the video ..... and the Lights .... (y) :eek:ldguy (y)

Back