• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Götterdämmerung, the end, 1945

You're right.... night fighter wasn't the term I was looking for. Jeez
ORSAY9.gif
.......night bomber role was what I was wanting to say. It was the R3 variant of the H-20. As an point of interest, in doing some research this weekend I did find that there was an H-6 from 6./ KG 53 that was used in a night fighter role with some sort of success using the nose mounted MG/ FF 20mm.
sure, the flew a lot of night bombing missions with some success

From what I could find: by January 1945
KG4 based in Hungary and Yugoslavia had 46 He 111 operational
TG30 based in northern Italy had 5 He 111 operational
KG53 based in Germany and Netherlands had 101 He 111 operational
KG55 based in Nort-East Germany and Poland had 10 He 111 operational
The story for KG55 is a bit confusing, as some sources are stating that KG55 was reformed to a fighter group KG55(J) by the end of 1944

I ordered metal tracks for my JS-2, you need a nice sag on the Russian heavies
Their coming from Russia so they will take a longer to get here,also want to get some Mini Art tank riders,and of course a Tamiya JS-2

Last edited:
To know the measure of a Man, does one count his campaign ribbons? I think not. :lol:

One is able to clearly see if "Hobby" and "Deadline" go together for many of our more prolific members, don't you agree?

Agreed Rhino but its also important to support efforts made by others to enhance the forum and participation. My problem is my mind is usually pretty blank with kit choice then every now and then something springs to mind and i have a light bulb moment, I think.."i must have a go at that" and off i go. Its not a process i can do to order or force :) it just happens. Its why i dont have a stash, it would have to be the size of Hannants to be any use and 99.99% would never be part of "a light bulb moment" :)

I totally agree with that, Paddy. There have been many instances where a kit trips my trigger, just have to have it and by the time the campaign rolls around, the spirit no longer moves me. We've had many road trip discussions about this topic, with no conclusion. I guess I'd say plan for this campaign and see what happens, we'd love to see what you come up with. If not, it's all good. Campaigns are for the community and camaraderie anyway, not just about the ribbons.

Last edited:
Went pawing thru the stash and found a Shanghai Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L/70(A) that I picked up some 20 years ago when a hobby shop was closing. The owner was cleaning up his stash at the time so it included some Aber PE. With the gears starting to grind, I got some other bits and pieces together and waiting for December to roll around.

Off to the lair to scheme and plot. :devil:

Cheers,
Rich

Just grabbed a cup of coffee and went pawing through the stash (admittedly it didn't take all that long w/ only a couple dozen WWII subjects) and it turns out I've got a half dozen possibilities. Certainly more than I thought I had. They range from the common (Mustangs & Hellcats...including a FAA) to the less so (Nick, Expeditor II, Mariner).

If I do a bit more research, I might have a couple more possibilities (Pe-2, ME-410A & B) if the units were operating the type a bit later than the mid-late 1944 date listed for the decals.

Edit: Me-410s are no joys as all the squadrons for the associated decals were pretty much out of business by the end of '44. The Pe-2 however would be viable in Czech markings as the Czech AF began flying them in April '45.

Last edited:
Hmm, as I haven't done a campaign in quite some time; I might have to look and see what might qualify here. I think I'll also check out the Campaigns Forums to see what's happening now and what's coming up to see how I can increase my participation here.

Cue Wagner's "Der Ring des Nibelungen." Fifteen hours of German opera to build by. ("Gotterdammerung" is part 4.)

Cheers,
Rich

Back