• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Götterdämmerung, the end, 1945

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
How about a build that covers the end of WW II, anything from May to August, 1945, any theater, any location, any country, Pacific, Europe, The Soviet Union, Britain, France, America, etc. etc. Allies and the Tripartite pact (Axis) countries, even the exotic forces from strange countries. Lots of diorama possibilities as well as stand alone models. Something for everybody?

Call it Götterdämmerung

Translated, "The End" : a collapse (as of a society or regime) marked by catastrophic violence and disorder;

Disclaimer; I have an ulterior motive! I bought the new Tasca M4A3E8 Sherman today to add to my sherman column in my big diorama. This is a broad coverage build that should bring in a significant number of entrants. ( I think?).

Just thinking! I'd jump on it!

Bob

That's a close time frame but a wide spectrum. I'm game for something, I've always liked the idea of a Pershing tank.

Sounds an awful lot like what I say when an itty bitty PE part gets tweezer launched!!! :pinch:

Sounds an awful lot like what I say when an itty bitty PE part gets tweezer launched!!! :pinch:

Don't you just hate that Mike!

That happened to me yesterday. The weird thing is, you never, ever find them again! They fly into the ionosphere and are never heard from. Maybe they fall onto some modeler's bench in the fourth dimension. :pilot :pilot

All by myself, I've been the parts box for wherever the hell they end up!

This sounds like a good campaign idea. (y) I have a lot of stuff that would fit.

Yep I like it. :ro:

Sounds interesting. Now I double dog dare anyone to build the Japanese surrender diorama on the Missouri :evil:

James

Sounds interesting. Now I double dog dare anyone to build the Japanese surrender diorama on the Missouri :evil:

James

James, actually that has been done, figures and all. A friend of mine, Brian Joslyn, an attorney from Florida used the Tamiya USS Missouri and hundreds of PE figures several years ago and it took the Judges Grand Award at Mastercon. I'll try to find a pic somewhere! It was awesome!

I git it now....that's funny!

Gott is German for God and I believe dammerung translates to the second half. Check with Laura to be sure.

god = Gott

gods = Götter

dawn = Dämmerung

(damn = Verflucht)

Götterdämmerung is when the stars fall on earth, when Fenrir and Jörmungandr rise and the gods meet their fate and their end - but not without the creation of a new world order!

Götterdämmerung = Ragnarök

ragna = gods

rök = cause/fate/end

i have to admit that my knowledge on the ragnarök saga is limited but i hope that i could explain one or two bits!

I've heard of ragnarök. Now I'll have to research it though. Thanks Laura for the clarification.
James

As usual, Thanks Laura! You always have the answers! :notworthy :notworthy

Now that is all cleared up, does anybody want this as a GB?

I'm tapped, not that that has stopped me in the past. I'll offer my name, but be aware its a hollow promise.
James

I have fantastic book by that title it was riveting.Close up in personal accounts as well as the overall strategic view.In fact I just finished re-reading it again.It does cover from Jan 1945.If this gets going,let's extend it to cover the fighting in that horrendous winter of 45 on the Eastern Front
I've been thinking about a Tamiya Stalin Tank

Back