• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fujimi 1/48 F6F Hellcat

scorpr2

This is Fujimi's 1/48 scale F6F Hellcat. Yes, it's an old kit but, I can afford them easier and I get a lot of enjoyment from seeing what I can do with them! It took me a while to finish but I'm happy with the way she turned out. I built it straight out of the box and used model master paints. I used acrylic paints to weather it. I hope y'all like her!
h6ada597_2013-10-24.JPG

ha33e91f_2013-10-24.JPG

h27d3b2d_2013-10-24.JPG

This is Fujimi's 1/48 scale F6F Hellcat. Yes, it's an old kit but, I can afford them easier and I get a lot of enjoyment from seeing what I can do with them! It took me a while to finish but I'm happy with the way she turned out. I built it straight out of the box and used model master paints. I used acrylic paints to weather it. I hope y'all like her!
h6ada597_2013-10-24.JPG

ha33e91f_2013-10-24.JPG

h27d3b2d_2013-10-24.JPG

I think it came out very nice :drinks

Anyone can make a great model look good but only a good modeler can make a poor model come to life. (y)

Great job :good: Christian B)

Randy, I used FS35164 intermediate blue for the middle. I use glass eye droppers to measure my paint out. I used 3 droppers of blue, with 3 of flat white, and 3 of thinner. For the top I used a mix of FS15042 dark sea blue (2 droppers) with FS35042 flat sea blue (4 droppers), with 2 droppers of flat white and 5 droppers of thinner. I like to add some white paint to almost every color I airbrush to adjust for the scale (1/48) and to kind of fade or age the paint. Yes, I do go thru a LOT of white paint, but I think it pays off in the long run. Also, I have experimented with using flat white enamel paint from the hardware store. This option is a LOT cheaper and works good for me. But recently my can of paint ran out, so I tried rustoleum. It does NOT mix well with model masters!!!!! So, for now I'm using white paint from model masters, until I can find another good can of white enamel paint. I hope this helps you out. :drinks

Back