• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flying FlapJack XF5U-1(Kitty Hawk 1/48)

As a jet, it does look cool... strange but cool! Red arrows point to exhausts:
1673187541898.png

I have these Academy pairs to spare. Note, rockets are available but the pylons to mount them are molded on the wings of the P-47N. These sprue trees are from their P-47D. I circled the nicely streamlined 150-gallon tanks.

1673274491904.png

I need to take inventory of what I do have, I think I'll be using the paper tanks on my mustang and I have the P38 tanks twice now.

Let There Be Pancakes....or FlapJacks in this case. Served piping hot on the front porch :drool:

FJack01.JPG

Nice packing by the Seller!

FJack02.JPG

Having a build day at Casa Du West (aka Moonpups house) I'll free all the sprues then and see what's what.
:flyingdog:

Just a quick update...
Had a build day with Moonpup & imbrb (better known as Bob & Bruce). Spent the day cleaning parts and dry fitting the major assembles.
Here is what it looks like so far

XF5_02.png

Bob was kind enough to provide a pilot and some Drop tanks. Right after this photo was taken we found some tanks from a P-38 which I'll use.
XF5_01.png

:victory:

Looks swell, I didn't know so much time could be spent dry fitting, guess that's why my wing root sucked.

Looks good Eric. :pilot

If those are the same type as the longer streamlined ones from the P-47 sprue tree I posted, they'll look fantastic!
They are, I've called them the P38 tanks, I'm sure that's wrong. It also has a more natural seam line along that rib so nothing to fill in or clean up.

Back