• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Firesmacker's P47 Razorback CTA 2 Build *DONE*

Calling this one done:

RazorbackDone002_zps432101bd.jpg

RazorbackDone001_zps4407de1e.jpg

RazorbackDone006_zps7efccccf.jpg

RazorbackDone007_zps2fa38fb8.jpg

RazorbackDone009_zpsb85d8296.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Nearly missed this one . Good looking P-47 (y)

I have always had a soft spot for the bazooka tubes (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, guys. I haven't really weathered anything in ages so I went kinda crazy on this one.

I've heard of using a #2 pencil to hit the panel lines but I was too lazy (I have 3 kids, so those things are are everywhere. That's how lazy I am) to look for one so I grabbed a graphite pencil. Do Not use a graphite pencil! It is very unforgiving and any slip out of the panel line is almost impossible to remove.

Great looking P-47 Jeff! (y)

Very nice weathering on it too, a model of a WWII aircraft in service markings without at least some weathering done on it looks unfinished IMHO.

Matrixone

Thanks, Warren.

This was also part of a one-week build on another forum but turned into 3 weeks due to Vallejo paints being utter garbage.

Before anyone jumps in and starts telling me I'm wrong and that those paints are the best ever, I'm happy for you that you like them and have never had a problem.

To me, any paint as well as primer that gets lifted when masking with Tamiya tape is junk. Yes, that's right, the paint and the frigging primer both lifted when using Tamiya masking tape. :bang head

Tell me, I feel your pain Jeff. As far as being right or wrong about how good a paint is? I think it boils down to who's doing the squirting, Go with what works best for you and don't worry about the rest.

I haven't tried the Vallejo primers but wonder if they have enough teeth to bite into the plastic, obviously not..

Back