• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Firefly II Iraqi Front

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Firefly II

Kit bash between Tamiya, Dragon and Academy. :idonno (I came up with three ideas I could possibly get done, this is the first one :D )

Came up with idea; a M4A1 hull and E8 suspension (Academy), A2 engine deck and exhaust (Dragon), and Jumbo turret (Tamiya), to make a Firefly II. Plan here is to add extra armor to the upper hull, put on a Jumbo turret with a 17 pounder gun, use a A2 engine deck, and have the E8 suspension. Finish off with a desert camo and markings.

starting pile of parts
DSC09041_zpse6d5b12b.jpg

DSC09042_zpsc76546f7.jpg

Sounds like a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

Will watch with interest. Were these custom made for the Iraqi's or were they bashed together with parts from all over?
James

Will watch with interest. Were these custom made for the Iraqi's or were they bashed together with parts from all over?
James

The 1946 Firefly II is a production version, developed to survive better by US and British in the US after the Allied troopers were forced out of Europe all together. The production was shared by both US and Canada factories. Hull coming from Canada and the turret and drive train from the US. In using a thicker cast hull, the thicker Jumbo turret and diesel fueled engines the survivablity came up.

The Commonwealth were finally able to stop the Axis surge over Europe, through North Africa, Palestine and Jordan to Iraq. The forces facing the Commonwealth are more now Spanish and Syrian rather than German. The Firefly II is more than capable to fight the Spanish built Panzer IV and Panther G that has become common around the area.

:drinks

:bang head Maybe I should pay more attention. I thought it was real. After reading your synopsis I rechecked and realized what campaign this was :blush: :blush:
James

First of all, love the 'hybrid' nature of the project, Jeff. Secondly, your backstory is not dissimilar to the one I came-up-with a couple of years back when I built these two:

I had the Germans and remnants of the Italian Nationalists escaping into Italy and Spain, then regrouping and making for the Suez canal and, ironically, Palestine. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Ian

:bang head Maybe I should pay more attention. I thought it was real. After reading your synopsis I rechecked and realized what campaign this was :blush: :blush:
James

Don't sweat it James. I'm glad you asked, as I had planned on putting the story up of how I came up with the idea, so good for you! I was really tired and wanted to post up one of my ideas before I went and started it.

Thanks everyone, I plan more of the story with the other two I have planned.

:drinks

Back