• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ferdinand ' 624 ' Kursk 1943

Cheer's Ant glad you like it
Will be doing the front interior today ( before it get's to hot , 39 C forecast for today :blink )
more soon

Matt

Aenea , thanks for your kind words , i have done some mapping of the white interior paint ( update photo soon ) , only on the gun breech , i think this will be enough ( turned out ok if i don't say so myself ) as most of the interior will be hidden

StuG , cheer's my friend (y)

Matt

Thank you Jose , i have added a bit more rust and mapping here and there as well as the front driver / radio compartment which is now finished

Matt :)

Now for the finished interior , i added some more rust and grime in the fighting compartment along with oil residue from the many seals that would have burnt in the initial fire . I also added some mapping to replicate remnants of the white interior paint , i didn,t go over board as i think less is more and the fact not much of the interior will be seen
Here's what it looks like
DSC_0015-4.jpg

DSC_0002-13.jpg

DSC_0003-5.jpg

DSC_0007-11.jpg

DSC_0021-4.jpg

Along with the rear interior i have also finished the Driver / radio operator's compartment
While very basic it is perfect as you will only be able to see it through the two top hatches
I first primed it with Mr Surfacer 1000 diluted with Tamiya Lacquer Thinner next was the first coat ot Tamiya flat white with a few drops of Buff added also some clear to give it a slight sheen
Filters were then applied , once dry localised pin washes were added then finally pigment to give it a used look
Oh yeah , the seats , gas mask canister's etc were painted before the filters were added
DSC_0008-12.jpg

DSC_0009-5.jpg

DSC_0019-2.jpg

the photo's make it look more yellow than real life ( it aint the camera but the operator :( )
Next i will be covering up all my hard work , finish assembling the outer detail then the fun stuff begins , painting and weathering :evil:

thanks again for taking the time to have a look
Any feedback , questions are more than welcome
cheer's

You are doing an excellent job on those interiors Matt, they look beautiful.

The only thing that bothers me is the fire extinguisher; as far as I know they were field gray not red. But I may be mistaken so if somebody have better info let me know.

Anyway, it is looking great!

Ruben

Matt,
Great job...
As a Soviet Armor guy, I love the way you modeled it. :evil: :evil:
The Rust is spot on and should look just like the real ones at Kursk. :blush:
Can't wait to see the rest of the build.
Keep on posting them.
Shawn

Mike , Ruben thanks for your kind feedback
The extinguisher i'm not sure about either you might be right . i know they did come out in red (as well as grey ) but that might be in late war vehicles ? i'm not 100% sure ( i have already glued the upper deck in place so i hope i'm right :unsure: )
Wheatcroft_053.jpg

this is the photo i was basing it on from the wheatcroft collection
the red ones do seam to be a different style :unsure:
cheer's again guy's

Hey Shawn you must of snuck in as i was typing my last post ( happens a lot to me as i am very S...L...O...W at typing )
Thank you anyway my friend i will for sure keep posting this build as i am having a blast doing so

cheer's

Good work Matt ;)
Regarding fire extinguishers: red color was used for those were located inside veichles and the color gray for those were placed outside...

Cheers :cheer:
Massimo

Geeezzz Matt,

I totally overlooked that one. What a massive subject. Great work so far. The remaining white paint on the rusted/burnt interior is a nice touch.

Looking forward to more !
Cheers
Sven

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

You do know that I will be bummed if you close this up before I get to see
it in the flesh....

I think that I might give you a kit that you can completely knock out.

Talk soon mate

Pete

Hi Sven good to hear from you my friend and thank you for your kind feedback ( this is the one i was going to do an article on but i have changed my mind )

Hi as well Pete armmm .... errrrrr ....... oh crap i better go in to hiding now :unsure: you wouldn't guess it but i ...... have .......... fixed the upper hull and deck already ........ oh man :blush:
any thanks again for your kind words , talk to you soon

Later

Matt

Back