• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Faster than a Speeding SAM - SR-71A Build

Very nicely done! I agree about the rust color; that would probably be on a museum bird sitting outside. I painted the exhausts of my YF-12A with a burnt metallic color with some bluing added to it, then drybrushed with a dark metallic. I do love how yours turned out too.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Interesting :good: I must agree , I have never seen any jet exhaust that would suggest rust would be appropriate .

Cheers, Christian B)

Pictures I've been looking at do show the inside of the adjustable nozzle a rust color...but the section of tail pipe between the back of the TJ to the nozzle tended to be a bit more of a lighter tan...kinda like the combustion color of a spark plug.

Seats are almost done. A light dry brush w/ a light tan/sand on the cloth portions of the seat and they'll be ready to drop in. Then I can button up the canopies.

Made decent headway this past weekend. Seats and canopies installed. Airframe primed, painted, and gloss-coated. I got about 75% of the topside decals in place. I'm "hoping" to have this one finished up this coming weekend.

Time will tell. :laugh:

Made decent headway this past weekend. Seats and canopies installed. Airframe primed, painted, and gloss-coated. I got about 75% of the topside decals in place. I'm "hoping" to have this one finished up this coming weekend.

Time will tell. :laugh:

B) :popcorn :nopics

Decals are wrapped up. They look a little funny right now as the the paint is glossy, decals have a matte finish to them and are coated in Micro-Sol. I'm hoping once I get a coat or 2 of dull over it this weekend it should all normalize.

So far still on track for this weekend...unless I decide to try a weathering wash. :coolio

Decals are wrapped up. They look a little funny right now as the the paint is glossy, decals have a matte finish to them and are coated in Micro-Sol. I'm hoping once I get a coat or 2 of dull over it this weekend it should all normalize.

So far still on track for this weekend...unless I decide to try a weathering wash. :coolio
Woohooooo (y)

Back