• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Faster than a Speeding SAM - SR-71A Build

And done!

Gravestone_Complete.JPG

I'll try to get some official completion shots tomorrow when I've got a bit better lighting.

Thanks guys.

It's alright. There are things I need to brush up on and get used to again. But this is only the 2nd model I've built in probably 22 years (and the first one to get decaled), so I already knew my results weren't going to match what I was envisioning in my head. If I had more time, I would've liked to experiment with a weathering wash and the airbrush, but time constraints said otherwise. That said, I'm really happy with how the decals turned out. I was VERY nervous when it came time to do those...especially the large surface area ones on the tails and the long "DO NOT STEP" lines.

OPERATION GRAVESTONE- RECON CAMPAIGN

KIT: Hasegawa 1/72 scale
PAINTS: Testors MM
DECALS: kit
AM: Wolfpack resin seats

Mission complete. The Blackbird has landed.

Gravestone_01.JPG

Gravestone_02.JPG

Gravestone_03.JPG

Gravestone_04.JPG

Gravestone_05.JPG

Gravestone_06.JPG

Most impressive! For the first one in 22 years, you've managed to make it slightly better than ones I've been building during the past 22 years! Remarkable job! That is a well-earned Campaign ribbon, wear it with pride!

Back