• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Falke 'Modified' WIP Completed!!

"Down that Drone" diorama WIP

The overall look of the parts added to the pod and rear engine so far. I am going to work on the rear engine to make it look a little more complex, but not too much. Although this is an advance craft, it is still has somewhat-modern, technical and mechanical parts.

Now, more work done on the Falke. I decided that this build will only be a project for the Falke and therefore will be no diorama. This is simply because I want to start on my next project, which will involve another truck diorama(yeah, I know, no surprise...;) ). Also, because, I cannot seem to come up with a suitable diorama for it. I do have an idea of how it should be, but I just cannot get around putting it together. On top of that, I am not so inspired to do a sci-fi diorama. But maybe that will change in the near future. So, I will finish up this build and be done with it. 

Here we go:

I started to detail the engine. As you can see, it is 'OK' with just the original detailing, but it still needs more to give it more life:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I started adding bits of plastic cards and parts from various kits, taken from my 'Misc. Box of tricks'. You can see how all the exra details add life to the simple engine:

This is how it looks with some paint thrown on it( Not completely finished). It's not the best but, I wanted it to look a bit grimy, and worked-out, as this will be a hard worked Falke. ;)

I managed to put some paint on my 'Clunk Buster' ( :lol:  Remind you of anything? ;) ) So it is all good to go!

Looks like it is coming along very nicely Charles! Yeah those engines can do with a ton of pipes, tubes, wires and gadgets. Out of the box they tend to be way too clean.

(y) (y)

:popcorn

This is what the finish build will look like. Well, I am hoping it will. As you can see, I have already painted the outter body of the Falke. It's a prilimary paint. So, it is not going to look like that. I wanted to see how the colors would look like but I was not exactly happy with the results. So, it is going to get make-over:

Very nice Charles, btw, you going to give us your truck WIP also? :popcorn

Falke 'Modified' WIP

Looking great so far Charles- like something straight out of Firefly!

Falke 'Modified' WIP

h6b1216a.jpg

Falke 'Modified' WIP

OK. here we go again guys. We are nearly at completion of this build. Not much left to do. I still have weathering and more details to add, not much but you all know how it is. Once you start on the details, one cannot seem to stop. :) You just seem to want more. And you all know how much of a detail freak I am. :)

Anyways, I have now painted the entire model, at the least the pod section or cockpit section black. The Kit offers several camo schemes and black was one of them. So I opted for this color. Of course the scheme is slightly different than the kits but I had to deviate from it. You know. Never an original kit, when it comes to building a kit. :)

Below are small details I decided to add after the model was painted.  I used decals both from the kit and other plane kits I have in my 'box of tricks'

Back