• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Face It Too... Eleven guys and now ten subjects...

Re: Face It Too... Need 2 more!

Saul, probably gonna be a UH-1D 1/48 Monogram "gunship" if memory don't fail me. :ro:

I will just pick up a Tigermouth model somewhere. I might even do a Phantom I have in the stash.

I just realized that I really didn't answer you. I would like it to be a year long. The following are the guidelines I will post when a start date slot becomes available:

Please post your intended entry here. Make sure it meets the eligibility requirements listed further down. The kit may be started but no more than 75% completed.

Once added to the Group Build summary, begin a new thread by posting an image of the unbuilt model sprues in front of a newspaper or computer screen showing a dated news event. Ensure the date of _____________ (or later) is visible.

What qualifies for Face It?

A photograph or illustration of the subject you want to model that has a face painted on it to resemble a living creature.

Aircraft have had sharkmouths painted on for a long time, eyes on a Fokker E.1, horse head on an A-26, smiley on an airliner are all eligible. If unsure, post the inspirational image.

Armor have seen much in the way of Elephant ears, tusks, and eyes on German WWII armor, some have had sharkmouth painted on the topfblende, even a Tiger I with a snake head on a muzzle brake. The US Army had it since Korea, Vietnam, and even a LAV-25 in Desert Storm.

Cars have had snake head painted on F1 race cars, crocodiles on hood scoops, and so on.

Ships have had it from a WWII PT boat to several Vietnam vehicles.

Sci-Fi has had illustrations of vehicles with sharkmouth or painted to resemble animals, just post the image and the kit to be worked on.

The most important thing is to have fun!

Regards,

Here is what I count, it seems we have ten but not ten subjects chosen...

1. sharkmouth - P-400
  2. Sherman 18 - M46
  3. Jeeves - TBD with shark on torpedo
  4. SA Dave - Phantom II
  5. Mikkel - Dominican sharkmouth if less than 76%?
  6. Arturius - UH-1D
  7. Nerdling - P-40
  8. James - ?
  9. Iron Mike - ?[/li]
  10. Moonpuppy - ?

I am hoping Mr. T will join and pick up the OH-6, Miss Clawde IV.

Regards,

Last edited:

A wise man once said "There's a lot of golf left." I'll figure out what I'm building as we get closer.

A wise man once said "There's a lot of golf left." I'll figure out what I'm building as we get closer.

I've no problem with that, just making sure the head count is accurate! This is a year long campaign (I need that so I can finish mine!) so there is plenty of time to join in later.

The MS406 is a great subject:

MS-311.jpg

Which kit is it? Hasegawa's 72nd scale kit with the decals, Fly Models' 48th scale kit with the decals, or another?

Regards,

Yep, that 's the beast in question . Tired of it sitting on the corner of the cabinet.

Hasegawa 1/72.

I have other irons in the fire right now. I'll jump in after a bit.

Cheers, Christian B)

I have other irons in the fire right now. I'll jump in after a bit.

There's plenty of time. Heck, is hasn't even started since there isn't a solid start date yet. April 1st is only penciled in.

Regards,

Re: Face It Too... Eleven but not ten subjects...

Saul, I think that this campaing will start later them "Second Chance".
I was surprised today with all starting at same time. I think could be better start later, don't you think?

Cheers

Art

It runs an entire year, Art. You CAN start later. B)

It runs an entire year, Art. You CAN start later. B)

Actually in Art's case it would be starting earlier. :rotf

Art, it's all about pacing yourself. All we are doing is starting a year worth of builds at once. Not every one is building in all of the builds, some only one or two builds. You're more than welcome to start any of the campaigns at any time during the year.

Here's an idea i lifted from last months flypast magazine :)

img131.jpg

Would like to join this too but I already think I have a plate full planned for the coming year.

Maybe for "Face it 3D"

:laugh:

I'll be watching though!

Back