• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Everybodies Model workshops - lets see'em!

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
I tried to find the previous thread on this but was out of luck so started a new one.
So this is for everyone to post on but if someone knows where the original thread is please help me out and I can get this new one deleted.
Added some more art to my already busy workshop walls and a couple out in the downstairs TV/ game room/ study.
20230820_142105.jpg20230820_142133.jpg20230820_141848.jpg20230820_142210.jpg
Very busy walls, I know. :)

I really like your shop Ian! Your TV game room looks just about as cluttered as my living room. Have been working on my shop this week. Shifting stuff around building some items to make other things fit better. Still have a little ways to go, and not going to post any more photos till it is done. This weekend's project is lined up and will need to get some wood tomorrow. Had to do a little cleaning/organizing in my garage so the table saw would be accessible.

Ian I know we had a thread at one time but I can't find it either. I went back looking in the Lounge and MAN, we have some old post back then. Lots of memories of former and gone friends.

Reminds me that this Sept is 14th birthday of this website!

You're shop looks great!

I just finally got my Hobby "Shop" back up organized and ready to start work again. I still have more work to do on the house, but am finally ready so I can start again any time.

I had to start someplace so part of that was I needed to get the paint were it was easily accessible and where I could see the colors. Thus a new paint rack. This ended up being the largest of the 3 I have built, but it is also the strongest and most rigid. It can hold up to 168 bottles of Vallejo paint. It will also hold the newer MRP paints which are a little bigger sized bottle.

Hobby 'Shop' 01.jpg

For making and entertainment I converted the desk from my build area to my machining and TV desk.

Hobby 'Shop' 02.jpg

The good old paint booth I built works so well at venting out the vapors (the winds too :stinker:) :rimshotThat it wasn't changed a bit, just cleaned up and organized. Two brushless instrument fans (one low speed and one high speed) work quite well and there is a vent box that fits in the window. It works well no matter the weather outside. Hot, cold, rain, shine, or snow it works just fine and the stuff outside stays outside.

Hobby 'Shop' 03.jpg

Hobby 'Shop' 04.jpg

Hobby 'Shop' 05.jpg

And when the weather is nice out I have a full size project that is finally out of storage.

Hobby 'Shop' 06.jpg

I just finally got my Hobby "Shop" back up organized and ready to start work again. I still have more work to do on the house, but am finally ready so I can start again any time.

I had to start someplace so part of that was I needed to get the paint were it was easily accessible and where I could see the colors. Thus a new paint rack. This ended up being the largest of the 3 I have built, but it is also the strongest and most rigid. It can hold up to 168 bottles of Vallejo paint. It will also hold the newer MRP paints which are a little bigger sized bottle.

View attachment 162460

For making and entertainment I converted the desk from my build area to my machining and TV desk.

View attachment 162461

The good old paint booth I built works so well at venting out the vapors (the winds too :stinker:) :rimshotThat it wasn't changed a bit, just cleaned up and organized. Two brushless instrument fans (one low speed and one high speed) work quite well and there is a vent box that fits in the window. It works well no matter the weather outside. Hot, cold, rain, shine, or snow it works just fine and the stuff outside stays outside.

View attachment 162462

View attachment 162463

View attachment 162465

And when the weather is nice out I have a full size project that is finally out of storage.

View attachment 162466
Looks really functional and clean, love it!

@Barney My friend, since I have no "War Dept" to give me grief, I can do with my house as I please. I am now about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through getting ALL my stuff together, sorted, weeded, and organized. Having to do so because all the moving I did for years kept things scattered. Yeah, I have too much stuff, but now I have a "LOT LESS" too much stuff than I used to have.

@Tojo72 It was a serious mess in this room before I got all the shelving back that has been scattered between here and Tulsa, plus all the other things. Building the large bridge shelves made a huge difference in the whole room and made some wonderful storage for the large kits that had been all over the house. Getting things neatened up got all my tools and kits organized where I know what I have and where it all is. I am going to be restarting a kit that was set aside due to how poorly Trumpeter researched and executed it. The straw that completely stalled it was Eduard's PE having the wrong instrument panel in their interior set. Quinta Studios saved the build by releasing a beautiful and correct interior set for it. Puts the old Eduard crap to shame.

Why is it taking so long? It has been over 30 years since I have had everything in one place. In that time things were added, moved, divided and stored in different places, and added a wife who passed on way too soon. As I have always been a bit of a pack rat, a lot of things were stored away for a later time. I have finally reached a time where the sentiment has diminished and I am getting more practical in my current days. Movies and books keep getting added to. Models are such that I am becoming very choosy and I no longer get the latest and greatest "just because". While my late Mom would have had it all weeded and thrown out in a month, I just don't seem to have the time or energy to get it all done that quick. She also had a tendency to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I know there are some important little items scattered all through this stuff and need to at least check it all out carefully. It all got stored and scattered due to circumstances rather than laziness on my part. Things are on the upswing now though as I no longer have any storage buildings. (YAY!) Anyway it is sack time.
Drowsy.gif

After 32 years traveling for Uncle Sam and 2 divorces I found myself with the opportunity to "Pack Rat" and went over the top! Fortunately, SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) doesn't keep very close track of the stash and as long as there are models on the bench I am safe from an intervention.

My biggest problem is paint! Too many brands too many possibilities. I am torn between Hataka and AK (and my small supply of Model Master). Fortunately, at my age I have enough paint to last until the roll is called up yonder.

both are really nice "feel well" spaces, congrats to this!
My own situation is far smaller, it is a desk of aprox. 70 by 60 cm and some card boxes with paint and so on on the sides. I'm in the hope to get a new corner some time next year but this won't be bigger than 2 by 1,20 meters. But that is fair enough and OK.

You're a very sick man. Perfectly clean and organized bench. Nothing on it? Seek professional psychological assistance, my friend.

You're a very sick man. Perfectly clean and organized bench. Nothing on it? Seek professional psychological assistance, my friend.
It's only "mostly" clean as I just finally got the piles of stuff organized and put away. Once I start back up it will be somewhat messy again.

Back