• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eurofighter

ij001

...and off we go on this years small-scale adventure.

h1dcb68b.jpg

Hopefully when the dust settles, it will look a little bit like this: :coolio

he0801d0.jpg

hc7032b6.jpg

More later in the week. Good luck everybody, stay tuned, folks.

Ian.

Looking forward to this build. It kinda reminds me of a baby Viggen with it's double delta configuration. :pilot

First session - actually three or four 30min sprints before and after work today:

hf4a341d.jpg

This is the third RoG 1:72 I've built but unlike the others this one is covered in flash, not the usual thin stuff either - really dense and it's everywhere. No matter, hopefully some more tomorrow.

Ian.

Very nice choice!

I did see this airplane live in the Neuburg i.d.Donau AB on an open-day a while ago. Very nice art work.

good luck

Alex

End of the second session:

hbd2c54e.jpg

Light is a bit misleading so apologies for that. :blush:
This kit was always a poor fit, even if you had a good one - this isn't a good one. No matter after a lot of swearing, filler, wet'n dry, swearing and more swearing I wrestled it into submission and have started hurling paint at it. Radome, ECM pod tips and fin tip are all in lightened RLM02 and I've started with the metal tones around the engine.

As I write this, I've finished the metal tones and sprayed the fin satin black in preparation for the decal. Won't get too much done tomorrow as I need to spray a gloss coat on the fin and that will take at least 12hrs to dry - don't think that I mentioned that I'm painting this one all with enamels, hence the l-o-n-g drying times.

AFN, thanks for tuning-in.

Ian.

Eurofighter

Main paint done:

h09bdf2a.jpg

Just two thin coats of (thirty year old) Xtracolour FS15237 Blue / Grey. Next I can start on the decals which may or may not be fun... :idonno . Have the rest of a great weekend folks - we all have tomorrow (Monday) off as it's a local holiday.

Ian.

Eurofighter

No photos in this update: :tomato

Just grinding away at the decals - the German Eurofighters are covered in stencils and it's taking an age to do them all. Stay tuned, don't give-up on me !!

Ian.

Eurofighter

Decals on and she's up on her legs :yipee

ha912cc4.jpg

Depending upon 'real life', might get this one done over the weekend (no promises).

Best from NZ.

Ian.

Not sorry to see the back of this one:

h3484c39.jpg

Really didn't enjoy this build at all - truly horrendous flash covering most of the sprues which indicates a complete lack of quality control at RoG. Add to that the generally poor fit of the kit anyways, to be honest it was lucky to not hit the back of the bin with some considerable force !!

Please don't look at the awful fitting canopy or the mangled rear fuselage immediately aft of the wing / fuse join, I did try to get them looking 'presentable' but in the end I just gave-in and did the best I could. The decals by Model Maker were an absolute revelation - never used them before and they behaved perfectly. Great colour saturation wonderful adhesion and perfect register.

Thanks for following along, next years entry for MMM will be something with tracks and a cannon ! - More photos in the Finished Builds thread.

Ian.

Despite your frustrations it is a decent looking model. Helped out no doubt by the colorful tail decal that draws your attention away from any of the deficiencies. (y) (y) for not giving up!

Back