• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ersatz M10 Panther M.A.N factory conversion 1944

Hi guys well its been a while since i have posted anything ( mainly due to a certain 18 month old little boy ) but here is my latest build
I have depicted the Panther at the M.A.N. factory where they were converted to look like the M10 . The Panther is mainly OOB except for Fruil tracks , JB barrel and weld seams were the tool hanger brackets were
The dio base i have mainly user Verlinden products , the factory beams and crane rails were scratch built using evergreen styrene

Apologises for the photo quality (blame the operator not the camera )

so here are a few photos
DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0296-1.jpg

I am about 95% finished with this build a few more factory bits and pieces , welder , power leads and switches and figures to go then i have finished

Thanks for taking the time to have a look
Any comments , feedback is more than appreciated
cheers

Matt :)

Matt,

Let me be the first to say it looks fantastic! Lots of detail and nicely rendered. I love the "shop scenes".

Belated congratulations on the birth of your little AFV modeler.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill , James cheers guys and thanks for your kind words , much appreciated

I forgot to mention before that i was inspired to do a factory / workshop scene after reading Michael Schadewitz book " The Meuse first and then Antwerp " were it mentions the Panthers were taken out of service then converted at the MAN factory

Cheers Matt :)

Its seeing models like this, that honestly makes me wonder why I keep building, I just cant seem to get the concepts that allow building this this.

Absolutely gorgeous work.

MATT,

WOW !! GREAT CONCEPT ! :ro: :ro: DIG IT ... Dig It !! Looks Awesome ! Great Weathering all th Way around !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYEkmLZLdU

:ro: :erik

Matt Outstanding work!!! :ro:
I love the real M10 and this is even better!

All the best!
Dusan.

Hey guys thank you all for your kind words and comments , glad you all like it
Progress is slow , the last few bits start becoming a chore , i will lift my game and finish this soon all i need is to find some figures to suit the scene
i will post some more detailed photos soon ( i will take my time and try to do some quality shots :pinch: )
cheers and thanks again

Cheers guys thanks for your great comments much appreciated
Zlikovac , sorry mate i didnt take any photos during the build these are the first ones

Back