• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ERSATZ M10 PANTHER

Hey Glenn , do you know if this was the German Sherman that got KO'd in the same action ? I was part of the attack apparently , I have never seen it before . Apparently it was an M4A1 cast hull like this one .

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Jenny , my reading has found that two Shermans were part of kamfgruppe x [ sp ?] of Willie Hardeik [ once again sp ? ] of the 150 brigade .
However they were said not to have been in the battle because of mechanical difficulties .

If I remember correctly ?

EDIT : However 5 or 6 Shermans are said to have been used by 5th Para Jager ? Seventh army ? ........... supposed Bulge involved .

Hey, Ian
That's truly superb work on a vehicle I have always despised. German ingenuity my ass, that's just plain cheating! lol
Randy

Hi Jenny,

Sharp eye! Indeed this was the one knocked out earning the soldier a medal. Steven Zaloga named the soldier and medal earned over at another site.

Regards,

Sorry Jenny , Saul read your post correctly , I didn't , I thought you meant German used Shermans ..........

Saul's right that's the Sherman in that action .

Good detective work. I think your justification for the weathering make sense. The rust looks real.

that has turned out to be a nice piece ! those german were tricky werent they ! i may have to get one of those :)

Really nice, she's got the look ;)
great effects on a darker base color, very well done.

Regards
Tibor

B) :) Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delayed reply.
Work is getting in the way :( .
I have added the tracks and fiddled a bit more with the edges and the creeping yellow undercoat. I also worked on the jeep but it's not done yet (and I still need to add the collar nut to the muzzle break on the Ersatz.
IMG_9026.jpg

IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_9022.jpg

IMG_9031.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9036.jpg

IMG_9018.jpg

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9014.jpg

AND I DID SOME WORK ON THE WILLYS AS WELL. I BEAT THIS UP SO THAT IT LOOKED VERY SECOND HAND, WHICH I THINK THE GERMANS WOULD HAVE USED AS IT DOESN'T LOOK AS SUSPECT AS A BRAND NEW ONE.
PLUS I JUST WANTED TO DO A BEATEN-UP WILLYS ANYWAY. :evil: pROBABLY TO BEATEN-UP BUT WHAT THE HELL!
IMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

Ian.

Ian this is one awesome build , just love your style of painting
BTW how did the Blacken-it end up

cheer's

Matt :)

P.S got I L 2 Sturmovic a few weeks ago wow it blew me away , what a great game

Back