• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

EJ's 1960's fleet oiler build AO41

Thanks for all your compliments guys!

I think I'm done! I'll bring it to the club tomorrow nite. I might put it in the Mid Michigan contest on February 2, then I'll give it to my buddy that served on her in the 60's.

Gun are all on. I broke 3 more barrels off while rigging, and had to repair them with wire barrels. The rigging is pretty haphazard, but the real thing was even more confusing looking. I had to cut it off somewhere. Then added some extra hoses and a few crates, again, not nearly as much as was really on there. That's why they called it "The Jungle".

SMhK3oQ.jpg

Kw3DR7O.jpg

7Hha8FF.jpg

OPNtKNv.jpg

Then a final flat coat and mounted on the display base.

32x1glT.jpg

Gia733s.jpg

I7tM7gZ.jpg

21QRKpH.jpg

Next up - more movement on the USS MISSOURI BUILD. ( and finish a couple small kits in progress along the way.) The Missouri is a big build and as you know, I build in spurts.

EJ

Outstanding job on that ship! Wow, I'd say you'll grab some bling with that one. That is simply outstanding.

Back