• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

EGG-16 Frying Falcon - A 24HR Blitzbuild *FINISHED*

helios

Here we go. Super quickie build to, A) get one more box out of the stash, and B) test/experiment w/ MRP paints. Primary purpose is to use this as a test bed for the MRP paints which I have not used yet. If I'm going to experiment, I might as well have a little fun, right? :good:

At the start, parts haven't even been washed as I had just decided minutes before to build it. Breakfast rounded up. Discogs chose Ace of Base to toss in the CD player to kick off the build. And off to the races we go.

A bit later, and another random Discogs music selection.....we seem to have a bit of a trend going so far, wonder if it will continue. Anyways, canopy tinted and several bits are in primer.

Last edited:
Hey that little thang is a cutie fee-Sher!

not big on the mus-zac selections. More of a jazz/classical/blues guy. Neat work tho’

Got up this morning, shot the final overcoat and whipped up some oatmeal and coffee while waiting for it to dry. Then commenced the final assembly.

And done...with 20 minutes to spare. :D

Going to grab some better pics outside a bit later, but I think it's about time for some lunch first.

Speedy build up Chris! I noticed your subject matter currently is the F-16. Sometimes it is good to build a Quickie!

Yeah, it's kinda funny really. I've never really been an F-16 guy and didn't have any 16 kits until I picked up the Diana twin pack last year(?). Actually had a Hughes 300 whirlybird egg I was originally going to do, but then it occurred to me that I could use this kit to try out the new paints so I have an idea what I'm in for when I get to the Dianas. Most notably if there was going to be any reaction between the MM enamels (gunship gray) or the Tamiya clears. I've actually been pretty happy w/ how they have been turning out so far and really didn't want to stuff them up when I get to the paint stage.

Nice work Chris!
I’ve started moving toward the MRP paints recently. It took a minute to figure out how to spray them, but they are working well now. Which colors did you use for the grays?

Nice work Chris!
I’ve started moving toward the MRP paints recently. It took a minute to figure out how to spray them, but they are working well now. Which colors did you use for the grays?
I actually used a mix of Model Master & MRP.

MRP-038 (FS36375) Lt. Ghost Gray - undersides
MRP-039 (FS36270: Haze Gray - forward topsides

MM1723 (FS36118) Gunship Gray - aft topsides
MM1741 (FS36320) Dk. Ghost Gray - radome

Back