• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard Yak 3 Dual Combo

jeaton01

My grandson Alex and I have been working on this set for some time, today I put the second camouflage color on mine, his has only the underside color on so far. Fairly nice kits but some of the cockpit parts took some effort to fit. Not what I was expecting from a newer Eduard kit.

The dark grey may be a little too dark, but who's going to know. It is a Tamiya mix, the other two colors are Model Master.

0021yak3.jpg

0031yak3.jpg

0041yak3.jpg

Looking good John! I am sure your grandson is going to look back on this as a great memory doing something like this with his grandfather.

The good thing is, NOBODY KNOWS exactly what Russian colors were! 😁

I have a book on Soviet colors and it basically says that everything is a guess. Different factories, different ingredients, expeditious field modifications, you name it and the Soviets did it.

Back