• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard P-47 *Jugs Over Germany* DONE!

Eduard P-47 *Jugs Over Germany*

Thanks, fellas.

Bob, this time I used my usual method and primed it with regular old MM flat black and then went with Alclad duraluminum.

preved.gif
to_become_senile.gif
tease.gif

Looks nice Jeff

My research shows that it can be done the way the instruction show or with a red nose, red stripes in place of the black ones on the tail, and a red anti-glare strip aft of the cockpit. That's the way I'm going. I think it'll look pretty sweet and stand out a lot more.

Well, it was the research done for this Aeromaster sheet by Norris Graser (who signed my booklets that came with the decals) which corrected an earlier Aeromaster sheet on this same aircraft:
DSC04791.jpg

You're correct in that it is more colorful than the scheme shown by Eduard or the previous Aeromaster sheet:
am48688a.jpg

Original Chow Hound was written off and I don't have an image.

Chow Hound 2nd:
Chow_Hound.jpg

Chow_Hound_2nd.jpg

a367641-62-chowhound.jpg

Chow Hound III was serial 44-33291 a P-47D-30-RA model with fin fillet. I don't have the image scanned but it was in this aircraft that Major Robert M. Blackburn was shot down on March 25th, 1945. Maj. Blackburn participated in the attack on the airfield between Dortmund-Brackel Wambel and Asseln. The aircraft was hit by flak or by the explosion of the Ju 88 he had attacked, this is unclear. Also unclear is if he made a forced landing or he parachuted. He did survive only to be murdered by a SA-Mann Asseln that same day.

Here is a Superscale sheet profile which matches the photograph:
ss48808b.jpg

Major Blackburn is buried in the American Military Cemetery in Belgium Neupre (Plot D Row 4 Grave 40).
R_Blackburn_grave.jpg

Regards,

Wow, thanks for posting all of that info, Saul. I couldn't really find any concrete proof and was mostly going with what I thought would look cool. This clears thing up quiet a bit. :drinks

Wow, thanks for posting all of that info, Saul.

No problem, Jeff. One thing though, I have yet to find a photo of this aircraft with a red spinner. In the photos I posted, it seems to be natural metal. In the second image, the spinner seems lighter than the prop bases because the latter are in shadow.

Regards,

Thanks for all the positives waves, guys.

This one is done and ready for the shelf:

JugDone001_zps7f3defd4.jpg

JugDone002_zps1db21f2d.jpg

JugDone003_zps06b23bcb.jpg

JugDone004_zpsd33834e5.jpg

JugDone005_zps78559935.jpg

JugDone007_zps5f170e7d.jpg

Feels good getting through another one. You know, I may just end up liking this whole model building thing.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Back