• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard P-47 *Jugs Over Germany* DONE!

I'm in with this one.

Jug001_zps952f472c.jpg

The kit is loaded with goodies. Here's a link:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/edu01179.htm

I bought it during on of the Christmas sales so I payed a lot less than 63.00 :dance

Eduard P-47 *Jugs Over Germany*

All good, Jeff. Any chance we could see a pic of the decal options ?? - Just for my own reference, thanks.

Ian

Ian, there is a link in my OP that shows the options. I can also take a pic of the decal sheet if you want me to.

OK, so I used Alclad primer for the first time and I ain't too happy with the results. It didn't look very smooth and when I sprayed the top coat, I ended up with this grainy mess:

Jug004_zpsfd3b8625.jpg

I stripped the whole thing and used MM flat black like I normally do so it will be a few days before I can hit it again.

This is my 7th or 8th time using Alclad and my first time having this happen.

Primer is on:

Jug001_zpsc9ea6715.jpg

I'll be shooting Alclad here in a little while.

Seen this before, wet sand, light coats, build up slowly. The gloss alcladII black primer can really get shinny and that's the trick to shinny finish. That and the seal coat. :zen

I stripped her down and restarted and finally got the NMF where it looks good to me.

Invasion stripes are on:

Jug003_zps3ff74152.jpg

Jug004_zps5295b525.jpg

Have to do a little touching up. Oh yeah, here is what I'm doing:

ChowHound001_zps998d1d8e.jpg

My research shows that it can be done the way the instruction show or with a red nose, red stripes in place of the black ones on the tail, and a red anti-glare strip aft of the cockpit. That's the way I'm going. I think it'll look pretty sweet and stand out a lot more.

Thanks for looking As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome

Back