• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dutch scene finished

willem

Hi fellow modellers,

What I always wanted was a Dutch setting.
And the best on the market is this typical Dutch house from Erik Merkus (M-models)

German pows are guarded in Overloon or surroundings.
US 7th armoured was involved in some heavy battle here.

Pictures.

Ceramic plaster house in solid quality, still very easy to work.

overl_1.jpg

overl_2.jpg

accessory resin set windows/doors
Nice detail: the windows have separate inside parts.
Interior will be better and the glass can be fit lifelike.

overl_3.jpg

First paint on outside

overl_4.jpg

Starting the debris inside

overl_5.jpg

Groundwork and jeep done, test setting of the figures.
This is a mix of Dragon, Verlinden, Stalingrad en Firestorm.
A few heads are replaced by Legend.
A few GI guardswill be added later, maybe a nice civilian.

overl_6.jpg

Front

overl_7.jpg

Backside

overl_8.jpg

Constructive comments are always welcome.
When the figures are finished I will show the total result.

Thanks for looking,
Willem

Re: Dutch scene

I agree with Mike, beautiful work Willem! :drinks :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Nice idea. I like the groundwork,looks realistic. Maybe add more debris? Most dios never have enough debris and rubble in them.
I like the way that you placed your figures and the choices of figures/heads,etc.
Lookin good!
J

Looks awesome (y) (y) (y) I really like that building. As Jerry said, more debris would be good. And I love that jeep. Watching with great interest.
James

Mate that look's terrific.
Have you thought about adding a picture in the remains or on the wall.I have seen alot of dio's of home's and not to many have this little detail in them.
Just a thought. Still love the dio but. (y) (y)

Hi fellow modellers,

Pictures.

The house was not bombed. Pure by its weight a bomb takes down roof and floors before it explodes.
It was hit by a grenade, the explosion blows away most stuff, only a part falls back.

overl_9.jpg

Better look at the jeep before applying figures

overl_10.jpg

overl_11.jpg

overl_12.jpg

overl_13.jpg

overl_14.jpg

different light

overl_15.jpg

some detail

overl_16.jpg

overl_17.jpg

overl_18.jpg

Constructive comments are always welcome.

Thanks for looking,
Willem

Very nice. I like the jeep and all the figures too.

Most of the time I build my jeep as a British or Canadian one. Looking at yours has me wondering about something on US jeeps. How does the M-1 Garand rifle stay in the holder when the windshield is up? Is it a friction fit with clips? I'd think the person driving would want fast access to the rifle and therefo I don't think te rifle would be strapped into the holder. But then again, what holds the rifle in over rough roads ore off road?

Thanks and cheers

Very nice. I like the jeep and all the figures too.

Most of the time I build my jeep as a British or Canadian one. Looking at yours has me wondering about something on US jeeps. How does the M-1 Garand rifle stay in the holder when the windshield is up? Is it a friction fit with clips? I'd think the person driving would want fast access to the rifle and therefo I don't think te rifle would be strapped into the holder. But then again, what holds the rifle in over rough roads ore off road?

Thanks and cheers

Have a look at this part of 'a bridge too far',Peter.
At 1:30 you will see the rifle,in this case a M-1 carbine,released by opening a sort of clamp,it's the same with the Garand. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Qt-vJuOA5BA

@ Willem:Nice job for sure! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Back