• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragons M7 Priest

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Cheyenne was suppose to build one of these but I think he fell through the cracks.:idonno
I couldn't wait,sorry.:blush:
100_0756.jpg

Sealer and decals next
Tony Lee

TONY,

This Looks Good ! & This coming from a Guy that Builds German Armor .

Do you plan on weathering it any more ? Maybe a little dry brushing ? Washes ?

I take it this is the New Dragon kit ?

Great Job !

ERIK

Hey Tony! Man, it's good to see you back over here and posting again! The Priest is lookin' good!! Keep 'em comin'!

Yeah it's the new DML M7, I had planned to do the Academy M7 someday being an exclusive SPG builder but when Dragon announced they were going to release one I didn't buy the Academy kit.
I had already bought the PE set and resin stowage so what better way to put it to uses.
Dragons kit is really a goody and would make a very nice OOB M7 by it self and the AM is not that necessary. The detail is sharp and crisp and the fit has been almost perfect.(y)

Like Eric said all i've ever built is German SPGs and i've gone slower with it being way out of my comfort zone. Lots more to do as i'm just now ready to apply the decals then seal it up to do the wear,tear and weathering.

Very Happy that you like it:)
Tony Lee

Great Tony , I have mine but am waiting for an avalance of aftermarket designed specifically for the kit .

Were there any fit issues with the Academy made etch etc ?

I really think you need the red and white ranging staffs to add that splash of colour and the cleaning poles look well done too .

Jenny :kiss:

TONY,

What I meant was that I'm a German Armor builder. I didn't realize that You were too.:D (y)

I guess with Dragon's new Slide Mold technique,There's no need to get a Turned Barrel.

I look forward to seeing her with that "Lived in" look. In case you were interested in building another one I have some walk around pix of one.

ERIK

Eric I hate to tell you this but the kit comes with an aluminum barrel and PE screens for the engine deck.:ro:
100_0689.jpg

Jenny the PE is not a perfect fit but close enough.
100_0706.jpg

Tony Lee

It looks awesome Tony. I have one but in building the M2A2 gun I am a bit shy of trying. I found the lack of positive guides and less than clear instructions made this very tough. How is the M7 to build?
James

The instructions are still done by Dragon James and you're bound to know how they are but I would think if I can figure it out anybody can.

Dry fit,dry fit and dry fit again before you commit.
Call on me if all else fails
Tony Lee:)

TONY,

WoW !! P.E. bins & a Turned barrel ...:hmmm Did th German's ever capture one ?? :D I could build it up as Captured ~ Beute-Panzer :idonno

Great Build !!

ERIK

Seems like I've seen this one somewhere else :laugh: Still looks real good Tone,thanks for the great log.:ro:

Anthony2779 FSM

Looks great so far... :ro: I just ordered my Dragon M7 Priest the other day... Seeing how well yours is going, I can't wait to get it now.

John

Very nice indeed Tony(y)

You should do Allied more often:laugh:

What were the tracks like? I found they were far too long on my DML sherman, and the idler attachment point was too week to allow any adjustment so I had to cut and pin them. Were yours the right length?

Thanks people its been a fun build. Yep they were two links too long Chris so I cut them out and Pro Welded them back together. I used those cut out links for the spares on the front.

100_0714.jpg

The joint on the track laying across the un-cut is right between the two ends on the table.

Appreciate it Thanks

Thanks Tony,

Its a shame that in three or four years they haven't fixed this, but I guess its better than the tracks being too short!

Chris

Well my first issue of Military Modeler arrived today. And guess whats inside? Canadian M7's in Normandy. Cool (y)

James

Back