• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon M4A1 75mm USMC

started to use some pigments

before

007_zpsbb77efb8.jpg

during

008_zps6a42502b.jpg

been working a lot of hours the last couple weeks so not much done :bang head

Still at it. Worked on the lower hull some more. Added some different colors of pigments and did some splatter.
I still think it needs something

015_zps1e07952d.jpg

020_zps2905464b.jpg

023_zps281559c4.jpg

I can't think of a thing, looking good. Maybe a dusting up on the hull, just like feathered half way up?

:soldier

Well wrapping this up until the base is done. Will tighten up the track at that time. I have an antenna mount that I put up so I would not lose it :bang head also going to try a figure in the commanders hatch.

Glad to have everyone follow along.

I ended up putting one track from Academy M12 kit.

DSC02296_zpsfb82f407.jpg

DSC02297_zps5cef666e.jpg

DSC02298_zpsec9de068.jpg

DSC02299_zps04110b6b.jpg

DSC02300_zpsc8283ecd.jpg

DSC02301_zpsd032c5af.jpg

DSC02302_zps76fd051a.jpg

DSC02303_zpsa91fb9cf.jpg

DSC02304_zps73355b7a.jpg

DSC02305_zps20b954ae.jpg

Glad to have everyone follow along. :drinks

Oh man that's nice, I've seen photos of those tracks but wasn't sure what they are. What's up with them?

Oh man that's nice, I've seen photos of those tracks but wasn't sure what they are. What's up with them?

Thanks MP!

The tracks are 3 bar cleat. Not used a lot by US as it was heavier than the rubber block track. USMC liked the track, more than likely for a wear concern. You do see the track on lend lease Shermans. I was going to try some AFV Club tracks for Shermans as I had some and wanted to see how they worked. Painted them up and test fit and they were way to long. So that is when I read the package and found that they were for M4A4 hulls :facepalm I then started to put together some Panda track (great stuff) but after 5 links my fingers would cramp up. I was starting to lose interest so I took track from my Iranian M36B1 that was killed at the fair this summer. Repainted them, added some pigments and done. I have a feeling I'm going to have to force them down on to the skids. More i look at it I just might break down and order the Panda jig :hmmm

Back