• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon 234/3 converted to late model

Hi Jen , do you never sleep ? :) , I will do as you suggest but probably around the bins on the top fighting compartment ,with the crew standing up in there it's going to be pretty hard to see anything on the inside :S

Brian

Hi Brian, Your build is looking great. Is it the Voyager P.E. set #35167 that you are using? How do you rate the Voyager P.E. I have never used it and am interested in your observations. Dean

Hi Dean

Thanks for your comments , yes it is set 35167 , I do like Voyager sets , they are not too thin and normally relatively easy to work with , this set on the whole has been pretty good , the upper armour and stowage bins came out really nicely I think , the only issue I have had was the large stowage box which I couldnt get to fit closely enough the the vehicle angles for my liking ( might just be me though ) , clasps and workeable parts all work very well . I will add any issues I have onto the postings as I go for you .

cheers
Brian

Nice work Brian!! You have inspired me!! I obtained a 234/1 this past weekend.

Terry B)

Hi Terry

You can do some interesting 234/1 's they were made right until the end of the war and can have either early or later stowage bins .Lots of units including SS used them in the Aufklarungs (recon ) units

Hi Randy , thanks very much for your comments :)

Hi Terry

You can do some interesting 234/1 's they were made right until the end of the war and can have either early or later stowage bins .Lots of units including SS used them in the Aufklarungs (recon ) units

Yeah I am already doing my research and looking into aftermarket.

Terry ;)

Latest update of Photo-etch and swearing

Decided to re-do the jack mount in PE also , it wasn't a problem ,the barrel cleaning rods did not fit in the holes on the mounts so these had to be enlarged slightly with a round file ,shovels are easily don but the locating mounts on the Voyager instructions place them too far forward so i would go with photo reference rather than this and move them further back . PE mounts for Jerry cans are an adventure ,they are very good but pretty complex and take about 40 minutes each as all the hinges work (and there's 5 of them!). Thats all for today, bad language and sticking of things to fingers is over for now !

PU11.jpg

PU13C.jpg

regards
Brian

A little more progress , the dreaded Jerry can PE is behind me now and it starts to look like a 234 finally , still lots to do but it is coming together , I keep seeing little things in the photos I will correct , one of the benefits of taking photos .

PU14.jpg

regards
Brian

Looking mighty fine Brian , I love your etchwork (y) . I can not see too much wrong in the photos .

I think the /4 was the ultimate of the 234 series , drive nose up to cover , fire and have a driver in the rear position to step on it ! :D

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks Jenny , I have a 234/4 started also ,but that will be next time :evil:

I decided to re-do the front weld seams as the join was not great , I just used red plastic rod, softened it with liquid poly and used a blade tip for the weld ridges , I find this a lot easier than magic sculpt ,the front visor is in place now also I'm still deciding whether to damage the front bumper so i have not added the side suport brackets yet .

Next was the exhausts , these were drilled out , a small change but worthwhile ,then they were textured to make the rusty painting easier later , I just get some Revell filler and mix in a little liquid poly in a film container lid ,it is then just stippled on to give the rougher texture , it is easy to control and takes no time at all.

PU15.jpg

PU16.jpg

regards
Brian

Back