• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doodlebug

Thanks Dave, Dave, Gerry, Luiz and James .

waiting on the oils to dry now :soldier :soldier :soldier

cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Chris, I was trying pipettes but very messy and uncontrollable, I've been using a metal tool with My Tenex7R for application of same. I take it the stainless steel stuff is very easy to clean, with my Citadels I just dip brush in pot then to the pallet where I add water with a pipette. Getting that into the AB is a problem, so the SS cup would be great, thanks for your help ... Nice Doodlebug excellent paint, all I need now is to get over my fear of AB's .... (y)

G'day Gerry

Thanks Chris, I was trying pipettes but very messy and uncontrollable, I've been using a metal tool with My Tenex7R for application of same. I take it the stainless steel stuff is very easy to clean, with my Citadels I just dip brush in pot then to the pallet where I add water with a pipette. Getting that into the AB is a problem, so the SS cup would be great, thanks for your help ... Nice Doodlebug excellent paint, all I need now is to get over my fear of AB's .... (y)

G'day Gerry

Don't shoot your eye out with that thing kid :rotf Good luck Gerry

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Sherman . Nice of you to tag along.

I'm gonna put this one to bed today :good:

V_1_007a.jpg

Lots of bits of decals were found in the surplus box to try and make this look more like the real item.

Please don't try to read them as they are meaningless and you will only wind up hurting yourselves :rotf

V_1_006a.jpg

V_1_004a~0.jpg

V_1_005a.jpg

V_1_002a.jpg

Not a bad little model after all with a bit of TLC . Decals would have been a plus :idonno

V_1_008a.jpg

I do need to make it it's proper stand though but I'm calling it done as this is all that came out of the bag.

Now, I can add it to the rest of the despicable items :blush:

V_1_001a.jpg

Hope you like it. Cheers, Christian B)

that is some great work, Chris! Did not realize that the Germans had a piloted version of this!

Thanks Mike , Bob , James , Alex, James, Dave , Gerry and Duke .

I sort of wish I had not drug out the antiques .

Although the Ohka is a little jewel , the Natter and the FI 103R are really shabby .

I must have built them both in an afternoon and it reflects it .

Cheers, Christian B)

that is some great work, Chris! Did not realize that the Germans had a piloted version of this!

Hi Bruce .
Approximately 175 Fi 103R-IV’s (the standard jet powered variant) were manufactured by October 1944. There were also some unpowered glider variants and two-seat powered variants for training which were fitted with landing skids (variants: R-1 basic unpowered glider, R-II two-seat unpowered glider, R-III two-seat jet powered trainer and R-V a jet powered trainer for the He-162 jet). There were numerous crashes during test flights and even famed test pilot Hanna Reitsch crashed them on a number of occasions. Several pilots died following test flights just trying to land the Fi 103R. Following a number of test flights Hanna Reitsch determined the Fi 103R had a very high stall speed and pilots trying to land at too low a speed was what primarily caused the accidents. The training program was changed immediately for pilots to increase their landing speed.

Not sure what to believe . I have also read that Germans did not have the same mentality as the Japanese, therefore were not likely to commit suicide.

Just glad it came to naught .

The Natter was not used either as it killed all it's test pilots before that project was shelved.

Cheers, Christian B)

Meanwhile, back at the work camps, people were assembling crude transport carts from spare material ( me in this case.

V_1_cart_001a.jpg

Not exactly a replica from the picture I found , but this is crude none the less.

On to the primer :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

I managed to shoot a bit of paint yesterday :soldier

V_1_cart_finale_002a.jpg

V_1_cart_finale_001a.jpg

Let see if you can say this five times real fast : Doodle bug buggy....

V_1_cart_finale_2_001a.jpg

V_1_cart_finale_2_002a.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it , I certainly did even though I was doubtful .

It's outa here ! Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Mike and Sherman . The kit was fun but building the acrt was equally fun .

It gave me a chance to test my inabilities of building armor. :rotf

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Back