• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doodlebug

Not exactly . :( Amazing how such a simple project needs extra help :bang head

Even after sanding seams and what not.

doodling_along_001a.jpg

Looked good in the bag :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

Ah isn't that always the case? :bang head

So it seems Adam . I was surprise that an Italeri kit would look as good as it did ( :rotf ) but when the halves were placed together , I realised the engineers had no idea that the two were supposed to meet :smack

Darn, that's a lot of school time wasted :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

COol!

Was this a kit in itself Christian?

:popcorn

It came with the Italeri kit which was loosely packed in a box .

The V 1 was in a sealed plastic bag stating that it was a dragon kit imported by Italeri .

I'm unsure of the true answer :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

COol!

Was this a kit in itself Christian?

:popcorn

It came with the Italeri kit which was loosely packed in a box .

The V 1 was in a sealed plastic bag stating that it was a dragon kit imported by Italeri .

I'm unsure of the true answer :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Ah! ok, That makes sense. I was actually thinking this might be from the Revell kit for a moment but that's 48 scale!

Thanks!

The bug has been sprayed . Some tough choices in colors .

At the end of the war, the allies found bugs sprayed in a thin coat of greenish yellow colour .( Likely a primer )

Mine came out closer to the late war RLM 83 which made it look like a target, so I decided that they had found another batch of RLM 72 and oversprayed it ain a sparingly light coat.

bug_spray_001a.jpg

By then I had also decided that the RLM 76 was too light, so I mixed a different batch and ....Well :frantic just had fun with it as late bug where extremely blotchy.

Another color awaits it's turn as this dries .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Adam and Bob . Fun paint job :D

No many markings on these things but Italeri provided zero . Maybe I can find some things to sort of fake it.

Future drying :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice paint Christian ... When your mixing paint do you use pipettes ??? Or just pour it out of the bottle, I can see how AK and Vallejo bottles, could be used, very messy pouring from the bottle. ... :idonno :hmmm

Very nice paint Christian ... When your mixing paint do you use pipettes ??? Or just pour it out of the bottle, I can see how AK and Vallejo bottles, could be used, very messy pouring from the bottle. ... :idonno :hmmm

I only use the pipettes for the thinner .

All the paint are stirred and measured with a Tamiya metal stirring stick.

Everything else, is stored and measured with eyedrop bottles . Similar to Vallejo bottles .

Mixed in stainless muffin cups.

Squirt of Windex and half a paper towel at the end . Not messy at all.

Cheers, Christian B)

Ps, I don't mix anything in the AB. :idonno

Thanks Sherman . Nice of you to tag along.

I'm gonna put this one to bed today :good:

V_1_007a.jpg

Lots of bits of decals were found in the surplus box to try and make this look more like the real item.

Please don't try to read them as they are meaningless and you will only wind up hurting yourselves :rotf

V_1_006a.jpg

V_1_004a~0.jpg

V_1_005a.jpg

V_1_002a.jpg

Not a bad little model after all with a bit of TLC . Decals would have been a plus :idonno

V_1_008a.jpg

I do need to make it it's proper stand though but I'm calling it done as this is all that came out of the bag.

Now, I can add it to the rest of the despicable items :blush:

V_1_001a.jpg

Hope you like it. Cheers, Christian B)

Back