• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Do 335B-8

Old Dog

Two completions in one week :oops: that's not likely to happen again ! The history on this one dates back a bit further than the 410. This one was started back in 2008 as an entry in the Defense of the Reich group build on Swanny's. Last time I checked the build log is still there but if you are interested you can check it out on my site here http://www.olddogsplanes.com/335b8.htm

Now for some background; The B-8, the final B-series variant, was to have been a high altitude night fighter which incorporated the Heinkel designed high aspect ratio long span wings with 463 square feet of surface area and powered by the DB 603 LA engines of 2000 hp. It would have carried the standard armament of 1 x MK 103 and 2 x MG 151/20 cannon. There is no evidence that any of these night fighter variants were ever built.

The kit required two sets from Paragon (sadly no longer in business) one for the wings and drop tanks and the other for the night fighter parts, the radar operator position, exhaust dampers and radar antennas. The Tamiya 'B' series kit was used and the resin parts included parts to fill the holes after cutting off the wing cannon fairings. In the end I replaced the radar antenna with Master parts which were soldered together. No decals were supplied and since it was just a paper project I kept them simple, just a night fighter badge and I thought the chevrons and bars fitted the name "Arrow" So without further ado here are the finish photos...
335b8-b17.jpg

335b8-b18.jpg
335b8-b19.jpg
335b8-b20.jpg
335b8-b21.jpg

335b8-b22.jpg

335b8-b23.jpg

335b8-b24.jpg

And finally a comparison shot with the standard 'A' model
335b8-b25.jpg

Only one more variant to build to complete my collection, the two seat trainer. Not happening soon as I need a break from arrows.
As always thanks for looking !

Attachments

• 335b8-b22.jpg
    335b8-b22.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 8
Very nice Gary! I like the camo. A reverse of the usual rlm 74 over 76. I may try that on my next night fighter.

That's an Awesome plane Gary, great job on the conversion!

That turned out quite nice Gary! The arrows were really interesting planes, too bad there weren't more built.

Probably a very good thing that more weren't built, but I know what you mean Paul! Too bad more weren't saved!

Very nice Gary! I like the camo. A reverse of the usual rlm 74 over 76. I may try that on my next night fighter.
Thanks, I did it that way because I found I'm much better at making blobs than outlining them, It looked a bit stark at first but I went back and did a misting over spray of the lighter color which seemed to help blend it all in and since it fits a luft 46 category anything goes ;)

Back