• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Nashorn 4 in 1

Just goes to show ya, plastic bits look just as swell as any crazy PE stuff. (I'm sure someone offers a replacement for those brackets and stuff.)

(y)

Just goes to show ya, plastic bits look just as swell as any crazy PE stuff. (I'm sure someone offers a replacement for those brackets and stuff.)

(y)

Oh, I am sure they do. I do have some AFV brass rounds coming to replace the front four in the racks and some spent shells on the floor. PE on this one is limited to what comes in the box.

Looking good Doc! Did the etched tie-down loops on the outside come from the kit fret?

:popcorn
Mike

Thanks all, a labor of love I guess as this thing is fighting me all the way.

Mike no, they came from the parts box. I guess I should have said no dedicated PE sets designed for this kit. I have a box of leftover PE frets with all sorts of goodies still on them that are fair game for any project.

More mock-up. The upper fighting compartment sides are really really thin, so I think I am only going to get once chance to get them positioned properly. Now I have to decide to paint the interior first, then finish the build, or just leave the gun assembly as a separate sub-assembly.

VqK6Zby.jpg

PxM7Zws.jpg

VoxYAmI.jpg

Think you can get in there and grime up the gun mount without it being in place. Looks great! :soldier

The gun and ammo racks will be left as separate subassemblies, just not sure yet if the upper hull sides will be painted before or after final cementation. I am leaning after.

Looking good Doc! Did the etched tie-down loops on the outside come from the kit fret?

Mike

Thanks all, a labor of love I guess as this thing is fighting me all the way.

Mike no, they came from the parts box. I guess I should have said no dedicated PE sets designed for this kit. I have a box of leftover PE frets with all sorts of goodies still on them that are fair game for any project.

Nice! We all have that box of spare parts, it’s a good problem to have. Build is coming along nicely.

Back