• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML JSU-122

Well then, here we go... I know this one needs some work but I found a neat shot of one in the snow and it screams to be modeled. Hope the pics show, no laughing, first time for this. :drinks

DSC00897.JPG

DSC00913.JPG

DSC00913.JPG

Started surgery this morning. I was looking for a metal gun barrel for this one but the CMK and Modelpoint
barrels are both out of production. The raising of the upper hull is now complete. This has to be done to
get the tracks to fit between the return rollers and the fender/sponsons. Plan on this if you have any of
the DML JS/JSU kits. I heard that Cyber-Hobby fixed this in their release but I haven't seen one. Some of
the Eduard detail parts will be used here and the rest is whats in the box. B)

Eduard makes (or made) a nice barrel for the 152, I got one at Sprue Brothers when I did mine. I did not experience any clearance issues with the tracks, although I have heard this from others. Good luck, post some progress pix, please?

Patient is recovering from fender surgery and sponson installation. Hull was spaced at 1.5mm and
looks good. Putting on brass wire grab handles and some other fittings that won't get knocked off
while handling this thing.
Pics coming soon as Gunfighter Jr. returns the camera.

B)

Looking forward to seeing pictures of this.

Have you tried RB Model for a barrel? Not sure if they make the right one, but good stuff.

Tom

Very nice work Gunfighter...any tips on how you bent such nice straight grab handles?

Tom

Thanks Tom,
Mission Models Grabhandler and brass wire. Make multiples with same width,no guessing. Works with brass
or copper wire.

Just looked for one. The price doubled since I picked mine up. If you build anything with grab handles, railings,
etc., it really saves time. Wish I had it when I built my first T-34.

Back