• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Diorama "Lost Horse"

TomN

Hi Guys

This is a diorama with my Schwimmwagen and Evolution figures, pretty much everything else is scratchbuilt. I started building it to enter at AMPS last week, started running out of time so I wasn't able to blog the dio build. I have WIP pics if you have any questions.

001-L.jpg

002-L.jpg

003-L.jpg

004-L.jpg

005-L.jpg

006-L.jpg

007-L.jpg

008-L.jpg

010-L.jpg

0012-L.jpg

013-L.jpg

Comments, critiques and questions most welcome!

Tom

That's great Tom! (y) :notworthy

I would like to know how you did the ice/frozen groung effect as well. :hmmm

Gr,Ron.

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate it!!

Fantastic work. Tells a story, great modeling, excellent painting All around (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thank you James! Funny thing is I got docked 2 points for having "no story". Ah well....

Tom

I really like that (y) How did you do the snow and ice?

Thanks Nerding!

The snow is Hudson & Allen. Great stuff, I hope I can find some more.

It's a powder, with some kind of powder adhesive in it. I mixed it with water, which turns it into this
Jell-O like stuff, then just spread it around. Once dry it's hard as a rock. You can sprinkle powdery
stuff on top of that, but I didn't.

It's a good idea to paint the area you are going to put snow on white first, because it's kinda translucent.

The chunky stuff around the edges is white decorative sand, which you can find at craft stores, mixed with
Modge-Podge.

I added some brown oil washes and future, to try to make it look wet.

The icicles are clear stretched sprue, superglued to a stick of wood and stuck up under the eaves.

HTH,
Tom

I can't comment because I'm speechless. Oops.

Truly beautiful work, stunning and superb on all levels. Everywhere I look, there's more gorgeously crisp detail.

Those figures are amazing.

One word comes to mind with the last pic...Rosebud.

Thanks so much Ausf!!!

But really???!!!....you're comparing it to Citizen Kane!!??

Can't be anything but happy with that :D

Tom

Back