• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Did you know?

I thought this was wrong from all my years of teaching so I looked it up. Nice urban legend that made me doubt myself.

The 'QWERTY' keyboard layout we see on most keyboards was developed by Christopher Latham Scholes for typewriters.

Thanks Brad!

Did you know that all dog's tongues are pink except for the Chow Chow and Chinese Shar-Pei whose tongues are black.

Regards,

Did you know ????

a-1didyouknow01in7_20100508_1345802620.jpg

BradJ wrote:
The typewriter was invented by a Hungarian immigrant Qwert Yuiop, who left his own special 'signature' on his creation... :pinch:

Hi there.

Early typewriter key boards has a layout that was entirely different than the QWERTY one we are so familiar with. The QWERTY keyboard layout was invented to *SLOW* down a typist's speed so that the keys would not jam. IIRC the original typewriter could only type in Upper Case (Capitol) letters. IIRC the fastest sped on a typewriter was 118 words per minute in 1918. That was according to an old Guiness Book Of World Records I read many years ago.

Cheers from Peter

TREEMENDUS wrote:
Talkin' of ducks........ A ducks quack doesn't echo :huh:

Check this out, this out, this out, out, out, out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QYHcQbGNhE

I suggest just clicking on the last little bit, to skip all the 9 1/2 minutes of sillyness to see the final result.

Gary B)

Yeah, I understand that.

Like just the other day I got an e-mail asking if I wanted bigger breasts. I sent a reply saying "I sure do. You can send her by anytime" :laugh: .

I'm still waiting :S

Gary B)

sharkmouth wrote:
I thought this was wrong from all my years of teaching so I looked it up. Nice urban legend that made me doubt myself.

The 'QWERTY' keyboard layout we see on most keyboards was developed by Christopher Latham Scholes for typewriters.

Thanks Brad!

:laugh: :laugh: Yes Saúl, but in a bizarre twist of fate, Christopher Latham Scholes is a perfect anagram of Qwert Yuiop, thus plickening the thot... :blink :silly:

BradJ wrote:
sharkmouth wrote:

Thanks Brad!

:laugh: :laugh: Yes Saúl, but in a bizarre twist of fate, Christopher Latham Scholes is a perfect anagram of Qwert Yuiop, thus plickening the thot... :blink :silly:

Did you know that 137.348% of all Brads facts on this thread are fiction ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
BradJ wrote:
sharkmouth wrote:

Thanks Brad!

Did you know that 137.348% of all Brads facts on this thread are fiction ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To be perfectly honest I am begging to doubt that Brad is his real name :laugh: :laugh: (or mine :unsure: :silly: )

All this " did you know information " is extremely vital , ............

But , can someone tell me why round pizzas are delivered in square boxes ............ ?

Oh yeah , .............. and while we're at it , .......... when cows laugh , ........ does milk come out of their nose ?

I love palindromes! Here are some of my modern English favorites:

civic
radar
level
rotator
rotor
kayak
reviver
redder

Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog
Was it a rat I saw?
Step on no pets
Lisa Bonet ate no basil
Dammit, I'm mad! (my most often used palindrome)

Regards,

Or why, at least in the United States, we drive on Parkways and park on Driveways?

Regards,

Back