• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Did Aussies ever use the Land Rover Ambulance?

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

Okay here's hoping that a long-shot idea I have will pan out. To do that though I need to know something about a particular vehicle model I want to use. It is the 1/35 scale Tamiya Land Rover Ambulance kit #35062. According to the instructions in the kit it was used during the 1960's by the British. Did the Australians ever field this Land Rover Ambulance? If yes, then, keeping my fingers crossed here for another yes, did they use it in Vietnam?

Thanks and cheers from Peter

I just used the search term Vietnam Ambulance in the Australian War Museum database which you should add to favourites as it has a huge photo database and there are picamatures of Aussie one there , Richie said they are probably converted at an australian contractors so will be different but there will be enough detail to convert from the basic kit .

I hope this helps HERE

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
I just used the search term Vietnam Ambulance in the Australian War Museum database which you should add to favourites as it has a huge photo database and there are picamatures of Aussie one there , Richie said they are probably converted at an australian contractors so will be different but there will be enough detail to convert from the basic kit .

I hope this helps HERE

Jenny :kiss:

Hi there Jenny.

Thank you very much for that link. Thank you Ritchie for saying that the conversion is possible. I just saved a number of images from the site and will look at them in more detail later.

Seeing the images of the field-hospital and the wounded put me in mind of a wonderfully haunting Australian song, "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda".

Cheers from Peter

Hi Peter, the Aussie bloodbox was on the Series II and is similar to the Brit one excepting that ours were a lot taller with space for four stretchers and a standing medic. They had one feature a lot of people appreciated when operating in the NT or out west and that was the four twelve volt oscillating fans. I used to have a great suite of pics but alas they ended up with Lindsay sparkes and dissapeared into the void. Try a google AU search for Landrover ambulance which yielded these (amongst others):
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/remlr-projects/64417-ambrose-shonkys-1965-series-iia-ambulance.html

That is a great place to find info about Australian LR variants.
Cheers
Spanner

Spanner28 wrote:
Hi Peter, the Aussie bloodbox was on the Series II and is similar to the Brit one excepting that ours were a lot taller with space for four stretchers and a standing medic. They had one feature a lot of people appreciated when operating in the NT or out west and that was the four twelve volt oscillating fans. I used to have a great suite of pics but alas they ended up with Lindsay sparkes and dissapeared into the void. Try a google AU search for Landrover ambulance which yielded these (amongst others):
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/remlr-projects/64417-ambrose-shonkys-1965-series-iia-ambulance.html

That is a great place to find info about Australian LR variants.
Cheers
Spanner

Hi there and thanks Spanner. The interior shots on that site will e very useful.

Cheers from Peter

Back