• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave's Revell 1/32 Ju 88 FINISHED!!!

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

Thanks PAulw!

Other Paul, That is a neat photo and I like how the tail wheel is turned. I am looking forward to your build and all the fine gadgetry you will add.

I started sorting out the kit markings and realized that being a Revell kit I don't have the swaztika for the tail. I have an after market sheet for them but it is in my usual 1/72 scale so none of them are large enough. I'll have to see what I can find.

That is part of why I invested in the Stencil sets. I have both the 1/48th set and the 1/32nd set. Believe me there is a LOT of stainless steel PE in each set as they are quite complete.

Here is a link to Alliance model works page for these stencil sets. Plane stencil sets

Here is a photo of the 1/32 set. The largest cross stencils in the set are 3 inches square.

That is a really nice looking set Paul but the price tag is a bit much for my pocket book. Thanks though. I did find a sheet of tail markings that will cover this build and couple others that I have in the stash.

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

As for the weather in my Neck of the woods it is cooling down a bit but nothing like what Saskatoon is getting. We are still mostly above the freezing mark. I might get one or two Mountain Bike rides in this week. Work shut down for the winter as of today so bench time a plenty I hope.

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

I don't think the 1/32 set was that expensive when I got it a number of years ago. The guys was at a model show we had here in Memphis. It seems it was pricey, but not that much. Thing is I have it now so most of the marking stuff I look for is little detail stuff and unit markings. I also picked up the 1/48th set which can give a much of smaller sizes. Should work well.

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

Just a quick photo as the main markings are going on. Will have to wait for the swastika sheet I ordered to show up. Will start work on some of the stenciling next.

h12fe8e9.jpeg

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

I understand the confusion Paul. Our titles are very similar. I just tagged your thread to bring it back up to the front page and will rename mine to help with the confusion. Cheers!

Back